Oh Hell!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not moog then what's a good brand to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I lowered my 2wd truck to a 4" spindle lift I replaced all B/J's with Moog. I had the machine shop press in the lowers ( yes the correct way ) and then installed everything. drove it 2 miles to the alignment shop and they immediately told me they were JUNK....... I didn't believe them until I got under the truck and they showed me...... So at a cost of another $450 I had 2 brand new Moog lowers installed.......

Two weeks later , I took it back to have the alignment checked and they had to replace the brand new Moog B/J's ...... I told them to install the cheap oem replacements and its been great ever since...

so I look at it like this, what the original moog lowers cost and the Machine shop to press them in and then another $450 to have the BRAND NEW MOOG's replaced . I was into it for $600 just to find out that Moog is NOT what it used to be.......

But thats just like everything else now, cheap quality and more expensive.............

just like the Big Mac...........they should call it the small mac..

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are two types of moog. The regular and the problem silver

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid autocorrect and too lazy too correct it myself. I've always wondered what the max angle is on the balljoints before they start to perform outside of what they were designed for

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
moog is no longer owned by the same people or something like that theres a huge debate thread on thirdgen.org about their products. i usually go with movetech or whatever its called, their products have done me well for ifs, and seem to have a bit more meat on them. ran thier stuff on my camaros too.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have had better luck out of the napa brand suspension components than the moog stuff. Not their cheap-o line of stuff tho.