Official Seat Swap Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Oh, were you thinking about using a passenger seat as a driver's seat? That I would not know, I think I have read a few articles about people doing that, but that was long ago, but I would think the brackets would be shorter than the other? I guess it's something worth investigating. :popcorn:

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, this was my idea. But it turns out maybe there's another solution - my father still has a driver's seat from a Peugeot 306 so maybe I can fabricate some adaptor brackets and use it for a few weeks.

The reason is that my driver's seat needs some attention - it has the typical tear which needs to be fixed, and it also 'clicks' somewhere inside the seat when I'm sitting in it. On bumpy roads where my body moves slighly back and forth, there is this clicking/tickig sound, apparently something has come loose... Anybody experienced that and how to fix it?

Also the lumbar support doesn't work (no great mystery there, I can see one of the wires under the seat is cut but it's hard to repair unless I take the seat out).

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Yeah you probably could fabricate those Peugeot 306 seats for now until your driver's seat gets re-done.

But yeah that's a common problem I see, mine has the left side typical tear as well, not big, but I would like to get them redone sometime before it gets bad.

Scott Martin

Reaction score
I have a pair of 99 Bonneville power seats that I'm putting in my 98 Yukon. Will the power connectors work on each other?

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score