Off road lights behind the grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Ill throw the old grill on if i still have it and measure clearance, not sure if gmc has anymore room behind the grill than chevy, if not ill make the brackets so they mount over the bumper and save drilling holes in the bumper

If you need me to make some measurements of the emblem or whatever just let me know!

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a bumper from a diesel truck and put my lights in the opening of the bumper.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A guy on fsc posted pics of his brackets. I'll dig them up.

That's my truck!
Mine didn't come with a tranny cooler but I did add one later.

You must be registered for see images

Now that it is lowered I have removed the off road lights and added some diving lights.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Subbed i did this to my old ford i had 4 lights behind the grille maybe ill do it to a chevy and do a write up

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Sorry for going dark, I have yet to mount up some lights. Y'all's set ups look great! I'm thinking of some thin Hellas mounted flush with the grille on both sides of the GMC emblem, I have measured and I believe the cooler gets in the way so I will have to figure a way around that. Will keep you updated when I decide to mess with it!

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finished mine up yesterday. The lights are 9" mini bars from superbrightleds.com. They each put out 3780 lumens and I got one in flood light and the other is spot light. I used some 1" square stock I had laying around to make the bracket. The welder is just a cheapy from Home Depot.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I finished mine up yesterday. The lights are 9" mini bars from superbrightleds.com. They each put out 3780 lumens and I got one in flood light and the other is spot light. I used some 1" square stock I had laying around to make the bracket. The welder is just a cheapy from Home Depot.

I like that setup. Got a pic with the grille on?