Off road lights behind the grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Alright, bumper bolts would be easiest but could also fab up to other locations if need be

Bumper bolts it is! I guess just PM me when you have the finished product and we'll figure out that payment etc. when the time comes. I'm just hoping the lights fit in that tight space! Thanks man I greatly appreciate all the help!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Bumper bolts it is! I guess just PM me when you have the finished product and we'll figure out that payment etc. when the time comes. I'm just hoping the lights fit in that tight space! Thanks man I greatly appreciate all the help!

Those lights are only 1 1/2-2" thick should be more than enough room, how i build them may put them close to the edge since i have billet with no emblem

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Those lights are only 1 1/2-2" thick should be more than enough room, how i build them may put them close to the edge since i have billet with no emblem
If I remember right the space between the tranny cooler and the grille is just under 2 inches. So it will be pushing it, and keep in mind I still have my stock grille w/emblem. If it's not possible, I would be interested in fabbing up the brackets to where they still mount to the bumper bolts but have the lights outside in front of the grille on each side of the emblem.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If I remember right the space between the tranny cooler and the grille is just under 2 inches. So it will be pushing it, and keep in mind I still have my stock grille w/emblem. If it's not possible, I would be interested in fabbing up the brackets to where they still mount to the bumper bolts but have the lights outside in front of the grille on each side of the emblem.

Thats even easier haha, i think i still have my old grill shell so may be able to have them behind grill but will see

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried this with some lights that 1 5/8 thick. I couldn't get them to fit with the chevy grill. I also have a tranny and an oil cooler to deal with. Kinda tough to see the coolers but this was the best pic I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I tried this with some lights that 1 5/8 thick. I couldn't get them to fit with the chevy grill. I also have a tranny and an oil cooler to deal with. Kinda tough to see the coolers but this was the best pic I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ill throw the old grill on if i still have it and measure clearance, not sure if gmc has anymore room behind the grill than chevy, if not ill make the brackets so they mount over the bumper and save drilling holes in the bumper