Off road lights behind the grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
:buffer:
Still plenty of room man, just have to measure and make the mounts for it

Yeah I guess so. Only thing that makes it difficult is that I don't have a plasma cutter or welder at home lol so I'm going to have to wait a few weeks for I put her under the knife

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
:buffer:

Yeah I guess so. Only thing that makes it difficult is that I don't have a plasma cutter or welder at home lol so I'm going to have to wait a few weeks for I put her under the knife

Hell i have a welder but i could make the mount without it, get a decent size piece of flat metal that you can bend, its gotta be stiff but able to be bent, bend it so you can bolt it to the top bumper bolt then sticks up high enough to illuminate thru the grill

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Hell i have a welder but i could make the mount without it, get a decent size piece of flat metal that you can bend, its gotta be stiff but able to be bent, bend it so you can bolt it to the top bumper bolt then sticks up high enough to illuminate thru the grill
I see what you're saying, maybe ill give it a shot, thanks! Whatever I do I don't want to half ass it she's got to look clean lol.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, maybe ill give it a shot, thanks! Whatever I do I don't want to half ass it she's got to look clean lol.

Well im gettin some metal in a couple weeks to build my basket and rocksliders, if i have extra ill see what i can come up with for mounts, if they turn out decent and youd be interested id send em to you for cost of shipping

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Well im gettin some metal in a couple weeks to build my basket and rocksliders, if i have extra ill see what i can come up with for mounts, if they turn out decent and youd be interested id send em to you for cost of shipping

Awesome man, I'd appreciate that. Just let me know! Keep in mind that tranny cooler on the left side! Hahah.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Awesome man, I'd appreciate that. Just let me know! Keep in mind that tranny cooler on the left side! Hahah.

Ive got a tranny cooler to so it would be built to fit, just let me know if youd want it mounted to the bumper bolts or somewhere else, if it takes welding ill take care of it

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Ive got a tranny cooler to so it would be built to fit, just let me know if youd want it mounted to the bumper bolts or somewhere else, if it takes welding ill take care of it

This may come off as a stupid question, but are the bumper bolts you are referring to located up behind the grille someplace? If so, I would much prefer for it to bolt up some place like that. Hopefully nothing too big and bulky.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
This may come off as a stupid question, but are the bumper bolts you are referring to located up behind the grille someplace? If so, I would much prefer for it to bolt up some place like that. Hopefully nothing too big and bulky.

It would prob be just a flat piece of metal and yes the top bumper bolts are hidden, the bumper filler between the bumper and grill cover them

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Brushguard is easy haha, had one from a tahoe z71 on my 96, i just cut off part of the mount so there was only one bolt hole and mounted it to the bumper bolts, the lights would be easy to, if you were closer id make them for you

It would prob be just a flat piece of metal and yes the top bumper bolts are hidden, the bumper filler between the bumper and grill cover them
It's all making sense now...I'd preferably want to mount the lights vertically if it all possible