Off road lights behind the grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Has anybody attempted(successfully) to mount off road lights behind the grille?
I'm wanting to mount two thin Hellas behind the grille on each side of the gmc symbol on my '98 but ain't quite sure how to go about it.
Heck there might not even be enough space maybe I'm just crazy! :Good or Bad:
I appreciate your input

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
it can be done. Fab up some brackets and attach them to the core support, mount the lights, run the wiring and voila! A guy on fsc posted pics of his brackets. I'll dig them up.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Much appreciated thanks. I don't have anything to fab up brackets until school starts up.
I wonder if I could buy them off someone? Or find another solution?

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
it can be done. Fab up some brackets and attach them to the core support, mount the lights, run the wiring and voila! A guy on fsc posted pics of his brackets. I'll dig them up.
Ahhh I have the Z71 with the towing package so the tranny cooler gets in the way...I'd have to find a way around that.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
good point. I'm sure you'll figure something out lol :waytogo:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Except what Scott posted is a little different than you asked but same concept, the hella thin lights would fit fine just fab up brackets and mount them, ive seen them on dodge but not on a gmt400

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
:think:Nothin' ever comes easy these days. Can't mount up a brushguard with my body lift without fabbing up some brackets and now this haha.

'98_BigBadZ

Reaction score
Except what Scott posted is a little different than you asked but same concept, the hella thin lights would fit fine just fab up brackets and mount them, ive seen them on dodge but not on a gmt400

Only problem is the tranny cooler on the left side

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
:think:Nothin' ever comes easy these days. Can't mount up a brushguard with my body lift without fabbing up some brackets and now this haha.

Brushguard is easy haha, had one from a tahoe z71 on my 96, i just cut off part of the mount so there was only one bolt hole and mounted it to the bumper bolts, the lights would be easy to, if you were closer id make them for you