OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Why not? Its so easy to install. I install them everyday.

#1- it is an older unit and I don't think the batteries work in the key-part, so I would have to go through some hassle to get that replaced. Maybe it's not as hard as I think it is... in case you couldn't tell, I get kind of uneasy when I start snipping wires and plugging stuff in because in perfect honesty I don't completely understand what I am doing :rofl:

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
LOL. I cant blame you. It took me a little while to get used to it.

I been a 12 volt tech now for 16 years.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Well it really is but ya having that much experience makes it easy. There is something about wiring that just calms me. Thats why I will be doing my own harness when I do my motor swap.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
2001-2002 Yukon Denali and 2002 Escalade were the vehicles they came in. There were no 2001 Escalades.

From what I've researched the PCM calculates these things based on the way your driving, rate of fuel consumption, etc. The one installed in my 2002 sierra seems pretty darn accurate to me in all areas. If you go under 30-40 miles to empty it'll eventually just show "low mi"

:lol: forgot about those other mods on my truck, as I did them SO long ago. 4-hi, upper marker light bulb. I had Kodiak handles on my 99 K2500, i still have the whole set but decided to not install them on my 88. I pioneered the dual taillight bulb thing back in 2003. Same with the 2wd low range switch, I did that when the truck was still IFS.

Forgot that one too. I swapped out my inner fender to install the washer reservoir and GM underhood toolbox. Running my original res as well, and added GMT800 squirters to the wiper arms so I have 5 squirters.

As far as battery trays, all passenger side trays are the same. Drivers side (2nd) trays differ 88-95 and 96+.

88-95 trays are metal, and harder to find. If the truck wasn't equipped with a second battery there would be no tray. The washer reservour in 88-95 is mounted on the driver fenderside. Any truck could be optioned with a 2nd battery, but generally only bigblock trucks of this era received them, although even then not all trucks had duals. All diesel have 2 batteries though.

In 96, the designs changed. The inner fender is different, and the washer reservoir moved below the location of the battery tray. The way the tank and bracketry is designed all trucks regardless of package would have a plastic battery tray. If the truck wasn't equipped with a second battery it would be just the tray, no wiring or retainer. There was also an option for the underhood toolbox, which takes the place of the second battery tray.

Sent from the 'Ho Train powered by Detroit Diesel

Would you be willing to part with the kodiak door handle setup? If so I would def be interested in them.