OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reel light doesn't replace the fixed light, it's in addition to. Of other note there are 2 designs for it, fender mounted and firewall mounted. Almost early trucks had the fender mounted reel light. Somewhere along the way (i think vortec years) they went to the firewall mounted, and for whatever reason fewer trucks have them.

Added the firewall mounted one to my 99 when I had it. There are dimples in the firewall where the screws go.

What bulbs do the underhood lights take? 194s? Mine are dead and I'm thinking LEDs.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Get those pics/diagrams capricefreak? No, I haven't even looked/found one yet, I'm just bored... LMAO

I printed it this morning but I apologize for not scanning them. I was late getting back to the shop when we were closing and left it on my desk in my bay. I had thought about it on my way home and gave myself a face palm. LOL

I will definitely get it posted tomorrow when I get home from work. I will put the page in my truck when I get there.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Thanks man! Now I just have to see if I can find one....

...and stick it in without cutting the wrong wires! :lol:

I've also got a remote starter for free, but there's no way I'm going to try to stick that in...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
They sure are. Every Pull A Part I go to and find the consoles, they either have the rear HVAC or the plate is missing. Its like someone has a hoarding problem. LOL

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Thanks man! Now I just have to see if I can find one....

...and stick it in without cutting the wrong wires! :lol:

I've also got a remote starter for free, but there's no way I'm going to try to stick that in...

Why not? Its so easy to install. I install them everyday.