OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They wire shouldnt be in the way, just feed it into the hole. I dont plan on wiring the lights on mine because, well, I'm a man.
I've already got the wires in mine for the lights (came with compass/temp mirror.) My plan is to put every oem amenity possible in my truck. Including burban mirrors and escalade dimmable side mirrors (already have the wires for them also)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've already got the wires in mine for the lights (came with compass/temp mirror.) My plan is to put every oem amenity possible in my truck. Including burban mirrors and escalade dimmable side mirrors (already have the wires for them also)

While messing with my visors I realized I had the plug up there for at least a compass mirror so I plugged that in. I didnt see wires for the visor lights

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While messing with my visors I realized I had the plug up there for at least a compass mirror so I plugged that in. I didnt see wires for the visor lights
The wires were on the harness I got from the junk yard when I picked up the mirror.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a very useful old thread. Thanks to all you guys who helped write it. A question about overhead console installs. Do you re-do the headliner first and then cut for a console or do you simply screw on the console OVER the headliner? Mine is a standard cab '93. I am thinking I will need to install some wires while the headliner is out. I already have the console so that may be next. I offer no apologies for bumping this thread because it is good enough to deserve it!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can I use the compass mirror on 96 reg cab?

The compass/temp mirror will work on anything as long as you have power run to it. The temp part works when you install a temp sensor and have a mirror that has a temperature display. It matters not what vehicle as long as you have 12 V power and the sensor.

If you have the mirror that is compass only then all you need is 12 V power.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This is a very useful old thread. Thanks to all you guys who helped write it. A question about overhead console installs. Do you re-do the headliner first and then cut for a console or do you simply screw on the console OVER the headliner? Mine is a standard cab '93. I am thinking I will need to install some wires while the headliner is out. I already have the console so that may be next. I offer no apologies for bumping this thread because it is good enough to deserve it!

Delayed response!
Did you get the O/H console installed?
Cover the H/L, then go over top without cutting the holes that the trucks which came with them have.
I use 2 screws inside the last door, along with that original single front one. Don't use too long of a screw.
You will have to cut off those plastic hook things that usually go in the holes in the roof.
It's a pretty easy job to recover the O/H console in matching H/L material.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Delayed response!
Did you get the O/H console installed?

It's a pretty easy job to recover the O/H console in matching H/L material.

Not yet, weather here is still mostly cold and I need to do the headliner first . I have the glue so it is mostly a matter of it getting warm enough for long enough . I also may try to round up a better headliner board than the one I have at present. I do have the console in the right color although if I manage to keep enough headliner material I will go ahead and re-cover it. I plan to document the process with some pictures when I finally get to it assuming that it comes out ok.

NcMilkMan

Reaction score
The compass/temp mirror will work on anything as long as you have power run to it. The temp part works when you install a temp sensor and have a mirror that has a temperature display. It matters not what vehicle as long as you have 12 V power and the sensor.

If you have the mirror that is compass only then all you need is 12 V power.
Ok thanks