switch housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've changed out the dash bezel in my 95, got one from a 1999 Escalade, it came with the 4x4 switch which I took out and removed the blank plate from the old one and reinstalled into the newer one from the Escalade, as the truck is not a 4x4, the escalade bezel also came with the vertical switch plate (3 space) that had just the fog light switch in it when I bought the dash bezel I thought I could move my cargo light switch over to that switch housing but that is not the case, I want to use the fog light switch when I can buy the lower valance w/ the fog light holes in it like on the SS trucks and the fog lights and brackets to go with it, does anybody know if they made that switch housing OEM that will allow me to retain the cargo light switch and be able to use that OEM fog light switch in a OEM switch plate making it look like it came that way from the factory, I'm not a purist, but I thought that would look pretty cool, if they "factory" had made a switch housing like that. Plans for the truck are a 3/4 beltech drop, which at that time I'll replace all the front suspension parts, bucket seats and a center console from a Escalade, finish painting the rally wheels the dark Autumn metallic to match the paint, lower SS valance, and new exhaust. Thanks for any info with this switch plate for the dash bezel!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don't have them here to look at (I took my parts boxes out to the shop building) but IIRC the blank panels and the one hole panel for the cargo lamp switch, have the places molded in the backside for switches. You'd just have to carefully cut the center part out from the backside.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've changed out the dash bezel in my 95, got one from a 1999 Escalade, it came with the 4x4 switch which I took out and removed the blank plate from the old one and reinstalled into the newer one from the Escalade, as the truck is not a 4x4, the escalade bezel also came with the vertical switch plate (3 space) that had just the fog light switch in it when I bought the dash bezel I thought I could move my cargo light switch over to that switch housing but that is not the case, I want to use the fog light switch when I can buy the lower valance w/ the fog light holes in it like on the SS trucks and the fog lights and brackets to go with it, does anybody know if they made that switch housing OEM that will allow me to retain the cargo light switch and be able to use that OEM fog light switch in a OEM switch plate making it look like it came that way from the factory, I'm not a purist, but I thought that would look pretty cool, if they "factory" had made a switch housing like that. Plans for the truck are a 3/4 beltech drop, which at that time I'll replace all the front suspension parts, bucket seats and a center console from a Escalade, finish painting the rally wheels the dark Autumn metallic to match the paint, lower SS valance, and new exhaust. Thanks for any info with this switch plate for the dash bezel!
You will need to find a retainer that has the bottom two spots open. Those are commonly found on the 97-98 1500 trucks. The 97-98 1500 trucks had the provision for a cargo switch and an airbag switch. The airbag switch and fog light switch interchange in the retainer the same. Below is a pic showing the two different retainers. The retainer on the left is the one you got with the Escalade. The one on the right is the one you need for the setup you are trying to achieve.

I have a few spares if you are unable to source one locally.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 5