Power Mirror and Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikolai99

Reaction score
Hey Guys .... So i have a 99 C2500 base model truck everything is manual inside and im looking to add tow mirrors and wanted to go with some nice power adjustable ones how hard would it be to add a set with a power mirror switch in the dash above the cargo light switch.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you read a wiring diagram and follow it for install. Are your mirrors a kit with everything or just some mirror take offs and your stating from scratch.

Nikolai99

Reaction score
i had plan on buying new mirrors instead of going out to the local yard and im pretty good at reading diagrams and yeah this is all from scratch. I guess my question is does any of the wiring tie in to the computer or can i just run a wire to the switch controller and just connect it to the mirrors

Nikolai99

Reaction score
Thanks i just wanted to make sure would anyone know of a switch that will fit above the cargo light to control the power mirrors before i go off and spen a few days making something

Hump

Reaction score
You can use the OEM GM mirror switch as i believe the door mirror switch panel already has the mounting provisions for the mirror switch on the back side of it, you will just need to use a hole saw to cut the hole through the panel. Standard Motor Products part #DS1396 is one of the switches you can use and if you look on Rock Auto there are several switches on there from other manufacturers. GM #PT709 is the wiring connector to fit this switch. If you have the GM part number off of the factory gm wiring diagram you can search on mouser.com and find this connector much cheaper but you will need to assemble the connector.
The 2 tabs between the speaker and the power window switch cut outs are the tabs that the GM switch snaps into in the attached picture.

Attachments

• Mirror Switch Mount.jpeg
    Mirror Switch Mount.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use the OEM GM mirror switch as i believe the door mirror switch panel already has the mounting provisions for the mirror switch on the back side of it, you will just need to use a hole saw to cut the hole through the panel. Standard Motor Products part #DS1396 is one of the switches you can use and if you look on Rock Auto there are several switches on there from other manufacturers. GM #PT709 is the wiring connector to fit this switch. If you have the GM part number off of the factory gm wiring diagram you can search on mouser.com and find this connector much cheaper but you will need to assemble the connector.
The 2 tabs between the speaker and the power window switch cut outs are the tabs that the GM switch snaps into in the attached picture.
That’s what I’d do to.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That’s what I’d do to.

One small problem with that, guys.... He has full manual everything. The doors have no switch panels nor provisions for them at all.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One small problem with that, guys.... He has full manual everything. The doors have no switch panels nor provisions for them at all.
Either way, he brings power to Cargo Switch area or bring into door for a factory style switch and location. Your already in the door anyway to wire up the mirror. I would find a door panel with power window.

Last edited: