OBS wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
Mine is a 79, so very close lol. I never intended to own another 400, in my area they are all beat to piss because people put way to much faith in that Z71 sticker, and overpriced. But I found the 400 on it's way to scrap, and I'd rather run it into the ground than my C10, so it's my winter beater for now.

this was my '80- with a 74 grille...
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Nice! I think you've just sold me on swapping back to the earlier grille too lol.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I had to take the center support out - the one that connects the bottom of the core support to the top right below the hood latch - I took my support out and used some aluminum channel to bolt the top of the grille in

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
well, I finally got around to mounting tires on my blazer alloy wheels. This is what the wheels looked like before cleaning them- this was one of the better looking wheels... the other ones had grease, brake dust, corrosion all over them and were almost black...

I started cleaning them with simple green, which did nothing... Then I tried Eagle brand etching acid on 2 of them, and they were getting better, but I needed a stiff wire brush to loosen the crap off the wheels, and another application of etching acid, they looked better but still dirty.

So after that I grabbed a box of SOS steel wool with soap, and scrubbed them, then washed them with water, and used etching acid 2 more times with a plastic brush, and this is the outcome:

and on the truck with no center caps:

and with my rally center caps:

I really like it now. I was on the fence till I put the center caps on. I had to open the holes in the center caps up because I am using the externally threaded lugs from my factory wheels- the threads actually sit inside the holes for the lugs, so I can't get the factory plastic caps on. I will probably buy chrome lugs at some point, and I want to get 2 more rear 4x4 caps so the holes from the locking hubs are gone on the front.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Wow that looks nice, like the old 589's

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
Thanks! I def need new headlights and directionals and deciding if I want to put a Chevy grille or leave it with the GMC one... I was thinking of blacking out around the headlights and center of the grille and GMC logo with truck bedliner, then get the black chrome crystal clear headlights and directionals... My croners will have to stay ornage though as I can't find clear ones for my year...

and I still need a front bumper- the rusty spot is paper thin- I think it's only chrome and no steel under it :D

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
My rear bumper was like that when I bought my truck. I pulled it off, folded it up with my hands, and stuffed it in the trash lol

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I got new tires on it - Found some sidewinder All Terrains, 33 x 12.50-15 and cranked the front torsion bars a little more, clearanced the wheel well and bumper...

looks soooooo much better now!