OBS wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of OBS wheels on their GMT's? I am having trouble finding pics of them. I am thinking of getting either the quintessential 15x8 steel rally's with trim rings and center caps, or the 1989 blazer style aluminum rims that look like the baja wheels, or wagon wheels.

I'm looking for a cheap upgrade for my truck- I have seen a lot of NBS wheels

You must be registered for see images

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here's where the "OBS" "NBS" etc. terminology falls apart. Forever, "OBS" meant 88-98 body style. If people are starting to use it for 73-87, that's gonna be a lot of confusion, quickly...

Anyway I don't have any pics with those holy alloy wheels, but here's a '93 I resurrected, using 15x8 squarebody Rally wheels, Astro van center caps, and GMT400 trim rings.

Do note that the Astro caps pretty much requires you use the way-less-common deeper (20mm) plastic fake lug caps that were only used on 90-91 GMT400's with the 5 spoke alloy wheel. Unless you have a stash of those you'll be buying them from LMC at around $2/ea. The shorter ones that are far more common don't get enough bite. I mean they kinda work, but made me nervous...

Tire size is 275/60/15

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, it's actually one I put together for a (now-ex) g/f to drive. She's had it over 6 years and it's past 233K miles now, still ticking along. Bought it as a parts truck for my salvage operation but it was too nice to take apart; fixed minor crash damage to front end and replaced bad engine among other stuff to freshen it up a bit.

Richard

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I know they are awesome - I can get two different sets for $100 each, just not sure I want to go to a 15" wheel, and I want to see what the backspacing looks like on a GMT400

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I took a little 2 and a half hour drive tonight and picked up a set of these blazer phone dial wheels with 33x13.50-15 TSl boggers in pretty rough shape - got all 4 for $75 Wheels are really dirty but I'll get them cleaned up. Tires will be sold really cheap or given away.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
OK oK to clarify OObs - I mean 73-97 trucks wheels :)

your truck is super clean someotherguy
73-97 is 2 different body styles. 73-87s are known as squarebodies 88-98s are known as obs.

Ralleys

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
so this is how they look FYI

The tires, 2 of them are actually not too bad- looks like someone tried their hand at cutting tires, and the other 2 are pretty much bald, but not destroyed. I think I will either stick the tires for free on Craigslist or something like $40 just to recoup something. They cost me $20 to get rid of and it's a hassle to get sticker from my town hall.