Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Toyo Open Country MT in 35 x 12.50 x 17

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • BFGoodrich TA KO in 37 x 12.50 x 17

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • BFGoodrich MT KM2 in 37 x 12.50 x 17

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
As stated above I was running TO MUCH crank, 3" blocks and a 3" body lift with 37" Boggers. Then I thought I was going to have to DD the truck so I sold the Boggers and bought a 6" RCX and 35" Toyo's. and I plan on taking the body lift off, It just hasn't happened yet. So my truck went from riding like a tank to riding like a Cadillac. Even though I miss the bada$$ look of the Boggers and I'm sure ill miss them when hunting season comes.

You must be registered for see images attach

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First off I'm very particular about my tires

I've had 2 sets of BFG AT's, the first set pretty much set a precedence to how I have judged all other tires since. Rode great, drove great, lasted great.

Then I bought a set of Toyo MT's and loved them, they wore like iron, and lasted forever. But rode like a Cadillac running on its rims. That was my only complaint was the ride.

Then last summer I bought another set of BFG AT's, and they suck. They ride like garbage, steer like garbage, over all unhappy with them.

I remain at the question of what tire I will run next. I may run yokohama geolanders.

I didn't vote.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I've also heard great things about the Hankook Dynapro MTs. But I personally can't stand the way they look.

Reaction score
Well, considering the fact that it took me 6 years to run my current BFGs down...Its not sounding promising for the BFGs. I can't have them dry rotting on me faster than the ones I have now have dry rotted.

I think the Toyos will hold their own in the sloppy mud come hunting season. Your boggers may have been good, but the Toyo's hopefully will be fine for you.

Tscherbi,
Was the ride with the Toyo's so bad that you wouldn't go back to them again? That's interesting that everyone else has had a better ride with them, but you did not. Maybe going from an AT to the Toyo's versus other guys going from boggers to Toyo's.

Took a look at the hankook's & I don't like the way they look.

Has anyone heard anything about the Toyo open country AT II extreme? I saw a thread on the power stroke forum & everyone liked them. The side walls look good & they are much lighter than the MT's. I'm sure they are load range D at the most. They also have a 50,000 mile warranty for the LT sizes.

One other idea I have been throwing around is to buy some 18" wheels & get the Toyo's in 285/75R18. That size comes out to 35.1" tall & 11" wide. That makes them 0.3" taller than if I got the 35x12.50x17 & 1.5" more narrow. Kind of pizza cutters, but that may help my mpgs some since they aren't as wide. What do y'all think of that idea?

-Ben

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I just put the Toyo AT2's on my wife's 4runner. I wanted to get the Extremes but there was no need in getting them. I love the way mine look, so I know the extremes would look twice as good. And they ride great and have a very slight hum that I noticed but my wife doesn't even hear it. But these are only 265/70r17's.

Plus the 35/12.50r17 AT2 Extremes are 69.9#'s each and pretty cheap.

Here's a pic of my tires

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
IMO is get some 37" cooper stt. They only come in a 37" on a 17" rim so it sounds like it will work for you. The cooper stt are on my girls parents tahoe. They got 50k+ on their last set. You really won't notice a gas mileage difference unless you go to a really aggressive tire like the mud grappler or bogger.

StevenL

Reaction score
I use my burb for offroad, on road, highway and wherever a trail wide enough leads. I rotate the BFG ATs with my oil changes, at 3,000 miles. They are splendid tires without a doubt (37x1250x17) and all I can offer is, 1: that they are D range and the TOYO is 37x1350x17 and E range. 2 my mileage on 4 (four) sets has been very disappointing. My burb runs 10 inch lift, 4 is body and 6 is suspension. The BFGs have not caused additional wear on the burb since installing the tires and lift at 100 miles with about 160k now on the speedo. Haven't installed the TOYOs yet, still some life in the ATs. With new wheels on the new tires, the mounted ATs will be spare tires. Haven't needed a spare with the ATs, but don't want to press my luck. Also, I run Yukon 5:13 gears so that may help with the heavier tire.