Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Toyo Open Country MT in 35 x 12.50 x 17

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • BFGoodrich TA KO in 37 x 12.50 x 17

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • BFGoodrich MT KM2 in 37 x 12.50 x 17

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenL

Reaction score
Sorry to take so long to reply. I use the Burb primarily as a tow truck towing either towing a 34 ft 7500+ lb travel trailer, a 20 foot 3 axle flatbed trailer, or a shorter trailer for atvs and/or mountain bike. The BFG ATs and current wheels are still on the Burb for perhaps another month. Just this week I discovered Toyo stopped making the all terrain tire in the 37x1350x17 so I will have to switch to the M/T in that size. The BFGs have been very good tires, quieter than most other tires I've heard. My only complaint has been that the miles on each set has not made me all that happy. I am now on the fourth set since the vehicle was new and lifted. I don't attribute the lift as having been a significant factor in lower overall miles. Also, I don't know what the mileage would have been with stock tires or any other tire size. The 5:13 gears were installed with the tires. I live in California and towing a trailer is limited to 55 mph. At that speed, my flat ground mileage hovers in the 8-ish mpg range. Without a tow, it is 10-ish. With the 5:13, even towing, I'm not disappointed with 37s. When off road, the gears, the 37's, the truck in general, is awesome.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im just surprised that your getting such bad mileage out of the bfg at"s its literally all my friend runs on his truck. his current pair has lasted 145k+ his last pair were at 120k

StevenL

Reaction score
Reading other posts on this thread, seems to indicate there might be a pattern developing with the BFG ATs. I don't have any response to 145k miles with any tire on any vehicle. Except, However, I have a 2010 Honda Ridgeline at 28k and it is at half mileage with premium Michelin tires. My 2011 Accura RT with premium Michelin tires has 25k and is at about half miles as well. That means based on using a tire depth gage, new depth compared with current depth is about half way. Now the totally stock Ridgeline is used for occasional iight off-road travel and the Accura never sees anything but highway use. On the other hand, I can estimate that based on past performance and current miles, this set of ATs will wind up at about 28k, allowing for a change at a level of tread left that is still road safe. I had two sets that lasted around 40k, and another around 35k. I keep all the removed tires and by swapping them on and off the truck, have managed to squeeze 160k out of the four sets so far. I'm not saying that I expect high mileage on a vehicle that is lifted and used for either off-road or towing should get great wear and do not expect more out of my Burb than I expect from my street vehicles, I simply think it is time to try another brand. So far, it looks like I will go for that Toyo M/T since they apparently have discontinued the all terrain tire in 37x1350x17.

StevenL

Reaction score
Reading other posts on this thread, seems to indicate there might be a pattern developing with the BFG ATs. I don't have any response to 145k miles with any tire on any vehicle. Except, However, I have a 2010 Honda Ridgeline at 28k and it is at half mileage with premium Michelin tires. My 2011 Accura RT with premium Michelin tires has 25k and is at about half miles as well. That means based on using a tire depth gage, new depth compared with current depth is about half way. Now the totally stock Ridgeline is used for occasional iight off-road travel and the Accura never sees anything but highway use. On the other hand, I can estimate that based on past performance and current miles, this set of ATs will wind up at about 28k, allowing for a change at a level of tread left that is still road safe. I had two sets that lasted around 40k, and another around 35k. I keep all the removed tires and by swapping them on and off the truck, have managed to squeeze 160k out of the four sets so far. I'm not saying that I expect high mileage on a vehicle that is lifted and used for either off-road or towing should get great wear and do not expect more out of my Burb than I expect from my street vehicles, I simply think it is time to try another brand. So far, it looks like I will go for that Toyo M/T since they apparently have discontinued the all terrain tire in 37x1350x17.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
im just surprised that your getting such bad mileage out of the bfg at"s its literally all my friend runs on his truck. his current pair has lasted 145k+ his last pair were at 120k

im sorry but that is to hard to believe. Maybe if he had 10 plys on a Yugo!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i thought so too, but his odometer still works correctly and always has. but his is strictly on road now, previously there was a bit of everything mixed in. mighta been 10 ply i dunno i didnt buy them

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Key for long life even on an all terrain is rotation and even air. Those two combos with my mud grapplers are keeping them alive a lot longer than other people I know