OBS (Old Blown up ) to NBS (New Bad ass ) Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i saw the axles pic yesterday and its funny cause today i was thinking about finding a 60 and my boss mentions he has a pair of 1 tons in back of the shop that i can have woohoo! whats the deal with the monster people any word yet?

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
What transfer case are you gonna run?

241. i wanted to run a 205/203 but right now its just out of the budget 241 is plenty for what i want it to do

i saw the axles pic yesterday and its funny cause today i was thinking about finding a 60 and my boss mentions he has a pair of 1 tons in back of the shop that i can have woohoo! whats the deal with the monster people any word yet?

nice! he's just letting you have them? and i got off the phone with them today; shipping company should be picking it up tomorrow

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
You can't run a 241 with a passenger side GM axle. 241 is a driver side drop case. Your gonna need a late 80s Chevy half ton case out of a straight axle chevy

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
You can't run a 241 with a passenger side GM axle. 241 is a driver side drop case. Your gonna need a late 80s Chevy half ton case out of a straight axle chevy

The newer model suv's had a vss 241 that is passenger drop. My blazer has one

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score

241s also came as passenger side drop in the k5s and suburbans between 87 and 91 ;)

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay cool. Then it sounds like a great start. The 241 is one of the best stock GM cases they made with the lowest lo range ever offered from factory

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
a little update.

i decided to pop the pumpkins open on the axles to see if they were actually what the guy said they were. and of course they weren't. he said they were 5.13s and detroit lockers nope god dam things were welded and 4.10 gears... and it looked like the fluid was never changed in them.
You must be registered for see images attach