NV3500 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lines are fine. Fluid reservoir is full, plenty of pressure at the clutch. No hoses popped off. Transfer case is in 2hi

Possible causes of the pop sound i have in mind are Throwout Bearing, Clutch or input shaft

Last edited:

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thankfully, have never experienced a completely blown transmission. What are symptoms of that?

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about symptoms of a blown transfer case? I have the 241C behind the trans which, i believe has the vehicle has to be moving in order to shift. Probably should have elaborated more on "Messing around", i meant he kept shifting back and forth rapidly between the drive modes (4hi, 4lo, neutral, 2hi.) Maybe is just a blown transfer case? Hoping so as i have a different one in the bed of the truck lol

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like its the transfer case. Possibly a broken chain and stuck in neutral. That wouldn't explain why the truck stays running without the clutch in though?

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you shift from gear to gear while sitting there, does it feel like it goes into gear or does the shifter just flop around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It feels like its going into gear. When i pulled the transmission out, i connected the shifter and went through all the gears. Everything was fine

96-1500-crew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know you had it out, did you spin the input shaft by hand in each gear to see if the output spins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk