NV3500 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put an nv3500 in my 88 k1500 4wd. I had no problem driving it until a friend, after i told him not to, got in and started messing around. He put it in gear, let out the clutch and the truck stayed running. Heard a loud pop, all the sudden the truck won't move. Funny how he magically "had to go home" after that

Any ideas what i should check?

Last edited:

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hydraulic line runs from the master cylinder by the starter to the fluid reservoir, correct?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check the transfercase is it in 2wd or neutral? if its running and in gear with the clutch engaged against the flywheel it would be moving

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The one underneath by the starter is the slave. They've been known to die, too.
Any fluid puddle under the truck?

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe it would be master cylinder, I still have plenty of pressure in the clutch. I'm really no good with transmission stuff, i learned most of what i know as i went along with the transmission replacement.

And im still able to start the truck so, wouldn't that rule out slave cylinder?

What would cause a manual transmission to be able to shift without the clutch while the vehicle is running?

Last edited:

Kuma

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly the best thing to do is pull the trans back out, check your clutch, flywheel, TO bearing. It sucks, but it's not like the truck drives, so downtime depends on how fast you find the problem. Sorry to hear about your luck.