NOT a GMC400 but to prove a point

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yeah, been there, done that. I learned real quick that they never tested you on anything they didnt go over in class. I had an eidetic memory, so (knowing my predilection for clowning around and getting myself in trouble), I just showed up with a couple car magazines and sat in a corner-and listened. Aced most of my tests and carried a 1.8 GPA. Usually didnt even bother to buy the book for any given class. Teachers would send me to the Principals office for not doing my homework and the Principal would say "You need to do your homework," and I'd say, "Why?" He'd say, "So you can learn the material." I'd say, "I ace every test, I think I know the material fairly well." He'd say, "But you need to do your homework." and I'd just tune out.

So I get to college and first day we walk into the big classroom, and the teacher walks in and says, " Read chapters 1 through 10 and we'll have a test tomorrow." and walks out-I didnt last long. I had never learned how to study, take notes or high light anything. I have always read voraciously, so I know a lot of stuff, but it doesnt always translate to a resume....

Wow! Deja vu!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
So I get to college and first day we walk into the big classroom, and the teacher walks in and says, " Read chapters 1 through 10 and we'll have a test tomorrow." and walks out-I didnt last long. I had never learned how to study, take notes or high light anything. I have always read voraciously, so I know a lot of stuff, but it doesnt always translate to a resume....

This is me in every way. I never had to study in grade/high school. Got to college and was amazed, here I am 4 years later and still haven't learned to study because my natural ability gets me by. I honestly hope every one I know learns from my mistakes and actually learns how to do things the right way. My little brother and sister who are in college now hear it from me everytime I talk to them, "study and pay attention to what is going on." My 20 year old brother has gotten it at University of New Mexico and is keeping his scholarship with a 3.6 GPA. I just hope my sister at Texas Tech gets it because she is in her first semester and already showing signs of being like me.

JoeyD

Reaction score
truck me and a buddy built, took a long time, but we got it done, FOR ALL THE HATERS! lol the doner
You must be registered for see images attach
the truck before
]
muddy baby

That thing is a major hack wagon, I hope you never drive it on the road

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
It's sitting on 5 tons and 60" R2s, its only a mud truck. I'm interested to see what the welds look like.

Thomasj

Reaction score
That thing is a major hack wagon, I hope you never drive it on the road

hmmm. in your opinion, just because you don't have one or have any money to build one, doesn't mean mine was a piece of ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.