NOT a GMC400 but to prove a point

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomasj

Reaction score
truck me and a buddy built, took a long time, but we got it done, FOR ALL THE HATERS! lol the doner
You must be registered for see images attach
the truck before
]
muddy baby

Last edited:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is awesome, screw the haters, they are just mad you weren't a worthless teenager like they were

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What classifies someone as worthless?

well, depends on who you are, to me... mostly the kids that sit around and play video games all day, then don't do homework or whatever cause they couldn't stop playing there game... well you can get the point

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, depends on who you are, to me... mostly the kids that sit around and play video games all day, then don't do homework or whatever cause they couldn't stop playing there game... well you can get the point

I understand to some extent.. I was once worthless. I regret my hike school days.
I was always in the top 15% scoring index on standardized tests across NJ (usually the top 10%) yet I never did better than a D in any of my classes. My guidance counselors had always been baffled by my testing ability and hated that I never applied myself. I would always rather be the class clown on the days I'd show up.
Now I bust my balls 7 days a week because I went nowhere in life.

The OP seems to really have his **** together and I'm very happy for him.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My guidance counselors had always been baffled by my testing ability and hated that I never applied myself. I would always rather be the class clown on the days I'd show up.

"He has the ability, he just doesn't apply himself. If he spent as much effort on his studies as he does making people laugh, he just might make make something of himself."

Sound familiar? I have 12 years of report cards with something similar written in them.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, been there, done that. I learned real quick that they never tested you on anything they didnt go over in class. I had an eidetic memory, so (knowing my predilection for clowning around and getting myself in trouble), I just showed up with a couple car magazines and sat in a corner-and listened. Aced most of my tests and carried a 1.8 GPA. Usually didnt even bother to buy the book for any given class. Teachers would send me to the Principals office for not doing my homework and the Principal would say "You need to do your homework," and I'd say, "Why?" He'd say, "So you can learn the material." I'd say, "I ace every test, I think I know the material fairly well." He'd say, "But you need to do your homework." and I'd just tune out.

So I get to college and first day we walk into the big classroom, and the teacher walks in and says, " Read chapters 1 through 10 and we'll have a test tomorrow." and walks out-I didnt last long. I had never learned how to study, take notes or high light anything. I have always read voraciously, so I know a lot of stuff, but it doesnt always translate to a resume....

Status
Not open for further replies.