Non tri coat lime green metallic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there such a thing? Huuuuuge fan of the new Chevy synergy green. But don't want the work of a tri coat. Is there anything similar that's an easy base coat clear coat? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H820PR using Tapatalk

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I have found a few that where close. But you wont get the color depth you would with the tri coat. Take a trip to a local auto paint shop and see what they carry. Honestly the tri coat isnt any different than spraying your base. There is just an candy coat that goes between the base and the clear.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not the one painting it. I'm just trying to get the color and not pay a ton for my paint job with the candy paint.

Sent from my LG-H820PR using Tapatalk

Dynamite311

Reaction score
I can check tmrrw once I get to work but depending on the brand of paint, the synergy green may not be a tricoat. The shop I work at uses PPG's waterbase paint and I'm pretty sure their formula isn't a tricoat. A tricoat would look better if you are doing a complete though! :)