New to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselWeasle

Reaction score
I'm in Terrace, about 800KMs North of you and I don't, it's in Kitimat right now. I can't wait to get it after all of this reading! Northern BC is Old Chevy and NEW Ford territory lol. Once I get my hands on it, I'll have all the info I need! Current insurance/ registration don't list it as "rebuilt," so it hasn't been in a major accident that I know of. While I was there, the original owner(the guy I'm buying from is 3rd owner) showed up; he drives trucks for a living, mid 60's, said he put some work into before selling(hubs, bearings, brakes, u-joints, fluids, he's had it on synthetic since new)

I was trying really hard to find something wrong to be able to work on the price, but everything was dry and solid.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I'm in Terrace, about 800KMs North of you and I don't, it's in Kitimat right now. I can't wait to get it after all of this reading! Northern BC is Old Chevy and NEW Ford territory lol. Once I get my hands on it, I'll have all the info I need! Current insurance/ registration don't list it as "rebuilt," so it hasn't been in a major accident that I know of. While I was there, the original owner(the guy I'm buying from is 3rd owner) showed up; he drives trucks for a living, mid 60's, said he put some work into before selling(hubs, bearings, brakes, u-joints, fluids, he's had it on synthetic since new)

I was trying really hard to find something wrong to be able to work on the price, but everything was dry and solid.

Nice! looks like a solid truck, if you ever need any GMT400 specific parts, let me know, i have a friend who runs a wreckers with about 20 of these trucks.

and when you get the VIN, let me know! ill run it through CompNine for ya (i paid to have 5 lookups, did mine and a friends truck), it will give ya the option list for your truck, and what each code means.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't put manual hubs in it, these trucks have a center axle disconnect system for the front. You can swap in a posi-lok so you can manually engage the front, or if your dead set on manual hubs you can put a solid axle under it.

Your gas mileage will depend on the engine, gears an tire size.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Clean looking truck, shell and running boards REALLY kill the look. Never seen such a tall shell. Haha

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselWeasle

Reaction score
Clean looking truck, shell and running boards REALLY kill the look. Never seen such a tall shell. Haha

I know what you mean, it looks kinda funny, with the canopy, but I'll see how I feel about it after awhile, may sell it. The running boards will have to stay, so my gf has a step lol.

I'll keep reading through here to get more info in my head. A lot of google searches brought me here, plus this site seems a little more organised than other Chevy/ GM sites

FastOrange: I will get the VIN tomorrow night or the morning after! :cheers:

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
I know what you mean, it looks kinda funny, with the canopy, but I'll see how I feel about it after awhile, may sell it. The running boards will have to stay, so my gf has a step lol.

I'll keep reading through here to get more info in my head. A lot of google searches brought me here, plus this site seems a little more organised than other Chevy/ GM sites

Only problem with those running boards is that they are rust magnets for some reason

DieselWeasle

Reaction score
I checked before anything else, the only bits of rust are on the doors, where that weather stripping holds water, just under the trim.

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
I checked before anything else, the only bits of rust are on the doors, where that weather stripping holds water, just under the trim.

Dad had his on since new and it no longer has rockers and its through its second set of cab corners

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score

At least change it for a Nerf bar or an N-fab step? Something that doesn't scream "LOOK OUT IM 80 YEARS OLD AND GO 55 IN THE KEDT LANE!!"