new throttle body spacer problems!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naphidim

Reaction score
just put on a new throttle body spacer on my tbi but now when i turn it on it seems like the idle is way to high when its idleing now how do i fix this only a beginner at this its a 1990 chevy c1500 4.3Ltr v6, any suggestions?

94chever

Reaction score
there should be a ttwist knob on the one throttle i believe u can adjust the idle with this.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the vacuum lines, if they are ok I'd suspect the gaskets.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Everytime I do one, I have to let slack out in the throttle cable....if your throttle cable was tuned correctly before install, it'll need adjusted after or it'll be too tight by about a mm or so.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everytime I do one, I have to let slack out in the throttle cable....if your throttle cable was tuned correctly before install, it'll need adjusted after or it'll be too tight by about a mm or so.

Also did you undo the bracket that holds the fuel lines to the block next to the trans if you dont they tend up

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Also did you undo the bracket that holds the fuel lines to the block next to the trans if you dont they tend up

No actually I didn't the first time....had super fun fighting them. But yeah, undoing bracket then adding spacers when finished helps ALOT. Same with the throttle bracket, shimming it up allows for an easier pedal. If you leave it in it's stock location, it mimics a VERY hard throttle spring.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another possible vacuum leak, was the throttle body over tightened? That can raise the bolt holes on the intake. If that happened, shove rags in the intake and file the intake till it's flat again.

Last edited:

naphidim

Reaction score
thanks guys this is really helpful me being a beginner at this I'll try some of you'lls suggestions and tell u how it goes thanks again. I do believe the bolts may have been tightened to much, guess we'll see.......