New plans.... need some help however

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamikatsu

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner Robins GA (South of Atlanta 1.5 Hr)
OK...

so i just got a lead on a set of ported/polished L98 heads 083 casting numbers, from a 89 camaro. heads have only 4k miles on them since they were completely gone over by machine shop. are the l98's direct bolt in on a 89 TBI motor? they are the original stock heads on the camaro from what i believe... guy totaled it and might give me the heads for next to nothing. so yes, my question still is... are they direct bolt in???

second... reading a lot about a Melling MTC-1 camshaft thats supposed to be a RV style camshaft for like 60 bucks at autozone... it claims NOT computer compatable becauset he LSA is too short, but a lot of guys say they work realy well for them... does anyone here have any real data to support that this cam will work OK for me in my 89?

ok I've decided to stick with the TBI... so that i have less issues offroading... and i want to try something new... here's a list of mods i plan on doing very soon...

-L98 heads
-Camshaft of some sort
-454 TBI, with Ultimate TBI mods done to it, 15 psi fuel pressure
-some sort of better intake manifold... leaning towards edelbrock
-Headers, thinking summit brand because i'm about an hour from summitracing up in atlanta
-TBICHIPS.com chip... after all of the above are done...
-3.73's eventually... i'd go 4.11's with the taller tires... but i think 3.73's should be fine... i don't wanna get rid of highway MPG's

do you guys think i'm missing anything?