New here. Need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LA Parchada

Reaction score
Hey. There thanks for your help in advance
I own a 1994 Chevy. With a 350 tbi engine I done the. Bore pistones and headers and tubes 2.5 inch headers 1.5 tubes also cam Need some help I was wondering if there a hood chip tune for this type of engines or what else you advise me to get to gain a bit mor power or should I give up and LS swap but I’m trying to keep it old school with a carburetor

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look at/up an EBL flash 2, it's basically a stock ECU that's able to be tuned.
But your question is odd, first you state it's a TBI 350, but at the end you mentioned a carburetor.
So which one is on top of your motor?

LA Parchada

Reaction score
But your question is odd, first you state it's a TBI 350, but at the end you mentioned a carburetor.
Thank you I will look into it

LA Parchada

Reaction score
And yes my bad I wrot it all wrong I had a tbi and change it for a 350 with a 3 speed transmission with carburador I had the pistons done and the cam. Am waiting for the. Header right now to be built

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My suggestion is get rid of the OEM TBI. Convert to a Holley Sniper or other such Unit (so many out there now) wire it in as per instructions, the set it and forget it..

LA Parchada

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1994 Chevy. With a 350 tbi engine I done the. Bore pistones and headers and tubes 2.5 inch headers 1.5 tubes also cam Need some help I was wondering if there a hood chip tune for this type of engines or what else you advise me to get to gain a bit mor power or should I give up and LS swap but I’m trying to keep it old school with a carburetor
Why do you need a "chip tune" when you've gutted everything the computer would control including the transmission?

Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the LSX + Carb Swaps sub-section. Might get more/better responses there.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Drunkcanuk Its Edelbrock powered.

@LA Parchada ok unless you know someone that really knows how to set up a carb, all i can say is turn your idle mixture screws in till lightly seated, turn 1 1/2 turns out each side. start engine, warm it up, set idle speed,then put a vac guage on it and adjust each idle screw individually until highest vac signal is reached. Adjust curb idle if needed.. I will look around in my article collection from way back in the day. I have a Tuning article on Carter AFB Carbs (Edelbrock Based on) it covers Jets, metering rods, metering rod opening speeds the works even AVS opening mods.....