Need some help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
No, no issues till I washed the truck. I rode around with the computer scanner the truck was shifting fine to 4th with no slip. Don’t know if washing it could have something to do with it or just a coincidence something happened then.
Also there’s no burning or weird smell coming from the truck after I drive it like a transmission would do.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the following link I have a photo of the driver's side of my (near identical) '99 engine bay, with the
VCM (black box controlling engine & transmission functionality) in the foreground. (VCM on driver's side fenderwell)

When you "sprayed and cleaned the fender wales and underneath the front end don’t know if something could’ve got wet and not throwing a code"
...is it possible that you got this area wet enough to possibly stimulate a latent issue with a chafe in your wiring harness? Either at the VCM
or in the vicinity of the transmission? Give the electrical harness a close visual inspection, and if it's wet, consider taking a blow dryer and gently
drying it out, and seeing if the symptoms disappear?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In the following link I have a photo of the driver's side of my (near identical) '99 engine bay, with the
VCM (black box controlling engine & transmission functionality) in the foreground. (VCM on driver's side fenderwell)

When you "sprayed and cleaned the fender wales and underneath the front end don’t know if something could’ve got wet and not throwing a code"
...is it possible that you got this area wet enough to possibly stimulate a latent issue with a chafe in your wiring harness? Either at the VCM
or in the vicinity of the transmission? Give the electrical harness a close visual inspection, and if it's wet, consider taking a blow dryer and gently
drying it out, and seeing if the symptoms disappear?
Definitely worth checking, especially if in salt on road state or vehicle spent time where salt was used.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Okay, I verified my account in YT waiting for approval so I can creat a video to get the link and post it here.
You can go ahead and "create" the video on your phone, "upload" at YT when approved and then "post" the video link in a post on your thread.