New out of Tennessee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mater86

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
New to the forum but been around these trucks for a long time. I have had a few and done work on more than a few hundred. I just recently bought a 89 Silverado RCSB step side for really cheap. It supposedly has a new rebuilt motor and trans, but I'm going a different route. After talking with my buddy at work here is the plan.

LS Motor Swap going to get a motor wiring harness and computer
Then going to have the motor gone through freshened up.We are going through CAMs to find out which I want. This is going to be my daily truck back and forth to work and very little towing.(s10 Drag project)

So ls 5.3 motor cam, intake, headers (hopefully), tuned
build my 700R4
Go through my rear end and regear it to a 3.73
Truck will be painted House of Color Hot Rod Black single stage
Bucket seats and console
GMC grill and lights will be upgraded
15x8 fronts and 15x10 Rears
Truck will be leveled

Any info I can gather on the LS Swap so I can better tackle it. I have no issues doing swaps I have been building Ratrods, Muscle Cars, Lifted Trucks, Diesels my whole life I grew up in the family business. I am a Machinist now for the last 7 years so I understand how to look at problems at different angles. I have a fully supplied shop behind my house.

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

mater86

Reaction score

As you can tell she is a little rough but the engine bay is very clean has new radiator, brake system, new gaskets. That is the only rust I have found is that small hole so not to bad for a 1500 I don't think. The suv in the background is my neighbors I'm fixing to do a motor swap in if I don't buy it first.