New member - 98 Cheyenne 1500 Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Sharp looking truck! What do you plan on doing with the new grille? I could sure use one.....

Welcome!

joker72z

Reaction score
Thanks..

I was planning on keeping it just in case I do something stupid like break the old one trying to modify it. Aren't they reasonably priced in the US? I look at the LMC catalog and they seem fair compared to what we pay here in Canada.
If for some strange reason I decide to prt with it, I will let you know. I have another house in Windsor so I am right across from Detroit so not too far away.

joker72z

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the thin layer of oil the previous owner sprayed... It is messy but it also has prevented any rust build up. the underside of the truck is the same...

joker72z

Reaction score
Picked up a couple sets of 60/40 seats for a really great price. Going to either go with the split bench or I have a nice burgundy / red bench that might work for the time being.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m jealous of those 60/40 seats. I’d love to find the exact ones for my truck. They look like they’re in great shape too, where did you get them?

joker72z

Reaction score
We have an online classified here in Canada called Kijiji. It is much like the Craigslist classifieds but not as much spam. I found the seats in 2 different cities about 2 hours from the house so it made for a long day of driving but worth it. They have no rips or burns and are really in great shape. Unfortunately I won't be using either set as I found a clean straight bench in the same material that will bolt straight up to my existing seat frame and no holes need be drilled.
The seats are for sale locally so I wont lose any money on the deal.

joker72z

Reaction score
So I scrapped the idea of putting red seats into a grey interior as I stumbled across a nice grey bench seat for $100. The old ripped grey bench was hard as a rock and this seat makes driving long distances so much easier.

joker72z

Reaction score
Yep.. I agree. A couple of newer pics after she was cleaned up.... I was going to try and give it a good going over with a cleaner wax to bring up some of the dull finish but it's way too hot outside right now.