New life for a retired 1Ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 ton

Reaction score
I bought two of theses trucks under 6 feet of snow in a contractors yard 2 years ago. I have made one good one after a lot of time and a few$$. I paid $500 for both trucks. It is painted satin black with powder coated bumpers and bed rail guards. Lowered 2” front and 4” in the rear. Bed has been coated. The other truck lost its tailgate and hood to this one. The rest of the body and glass was repaired or replaced. Still have the interior to do. 350 in it with a 5 speed. 212,000 miles on this 1 Ton shop truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
The paint actually looks shockingly good! Interesting to see a lowered 3500, you rarely even see a RCLB 2wd like you have!

1 ton

Reaction score
Thanks Gavin,
This was the second paint job. The first guy really messed it up so I paid to get it done by another guy. This is what it looked like before the second paint job and being lowered

1 ton

Reaction score
The two I started with

1 ton

Reaction score
This was the front bumper after I got it back from the powder coating shop. This also came off the truck on the left. The truck on the right is the one I ended up with. I had already pulled off the steel wheels to get them blasted and painted the original silver

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I also give you props for keeping the work truck grille! 9 out of 10 convert it to a Silverado/SLE grille but I personally like the 94+ W/T grilles. Means work and toughness to me.

1 ton

Reaction score
I always liked the work truck grills. As you can see in the photos these trucks were born to work. They were ordered by the original company to be as plain Jane as you can get. To me the grill resembles the Denali grills right around the same period although they had smoother lines. The bed of this truck had concrete, asphalt and everything else construction companies use in the bed. It took a good week to get it clean enough for the guy to spray in the liner. The truck was used this summer to move us out of a house we were in for 17 years down the road to the old family farm about 15 miles west of Green Bay so it has still been used to haul yet. I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and although there were a few bumps in the road with the paint it has been fun so far. Lots tell me I should have black wheels or a stripe down the side but I really like the look without it being completely murdered out. I have another complete interior with buckets and a console along with a new dash, headliner, door panels etc. that need to get put in yet. I also want to put a core shifter and a forever steering wheel (black) in it yet. I have a spare 5.7 and transmission that was pulled from the other truck but so far the engine runs great. It is a driver and I get a lot of compliments on it when I have it out.