New Headlights And Corners Sealing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered some TYC headlights for the 90 along with corner. Was thinking of sealing them to make sure they don't get all fogged up. But what good would sealing do since they have vents on them to drain or breathe? But what if i sealed them up completely and put the bulb in with bulb grease? Anyone sealed theirs?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't sealed the headlight's, but I always seal my aftermarket clear corner's, I use some clear rtv on the socket, and then install them, it mostly fixed the moisture problem's I had dealt with before. Also from the outside you can't see that anything has been done, just don't use much.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the corners i ordered are anzo or something but they have vents too. i was thinking of sealing all the contact points and sealing the vents too. you sealed the vents?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I have not, and I would say that the vents are there for a reson, and I would try it without sealing them first, and if you get some moisture then try sealing them up

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't sealed my Elegante lights and have never seen a drop of condensation in either the headlights or parking lights. A good majority of the crappy headlights don't come with the vents like the Elegante lights do and that's why they fog up. Leave them alone, but if you absolutely feel the need to seal them up, DO NOT seal the vents.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky with my eBay set, my headlights and parking lights have never had water inside them. I did seal my corners though, only I used black RTV sealant, but my corners are black, so you can't tell. The vents are there for a reason, and the lights are very expensive, I would leave them like they are. Then, if you have a problem, try to figure it out, but don't try to "fix" headlights that haven't been having issues, especially when they're TYC's.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky with my eBay set, my headlights and parking lights have never had water inside them. I did seal my corners though, only I used black RTV sealant, but my corners are black, so you can't tell. The vents are there for a reason, and the lights are very expensive, I would leave them like they are. Then, if you have a problem, try to figure it out, but don't try to "fix" headlights that haven't been having issues, especially when they're TYC's.

There are some diamonds in the rough. Not ALL of the cheap headlights are total crap.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea my cheap parklights have had moisture in them before, but they have vents/drains and once they warm up either sunlight or running the lights they clear up.