new from texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I don't know man, some spoiled kid is gonna get a nice new truck from mommy and daddy. Seriously, happens almost every year. You probably already know the people in your class like that. Not trying to trash your goal, I was thinking something similar when I got my truck, but between restoring it and other kids getting newer trucks.....mine was just another old truck.

Good to see you have some plans though. My advice? Save up for the bags, if that's the best way to go (I don't know too much about lowering trucks, never really been my thing). Because IF it does ride hard, then you're going to be kind of stuck with a truck that no one will want to ride in (Especially ladies. Trust me, my A/C went out, and it makes a big difference). If you know enough to make it ride decent, go for it! Just don't rush your decision because you want to get something done. If there's a better way to do something, it's best to just save the money and wait. It's tough, but you'll save tons of money in the end (instead of buying something, not liking it, selling it for half what you paid for it, then buying what you wanted to start off with). That's just my point of view though, if you're set on a static drop, more power to you, there's TONS of guys on here with more than enough knowledge to help you out.

This man speaks words of wisdom here ^

My truck back when I was in highschool was just an all stock Chevy for the first few months I got it, by the end of HS my truck was debadged/molded, no pinstripe, new wheels, 2" Block lift, tonneau cover.

Basically what I have now, minus the colormatched grille, headlight covers, 3" Body lift.

I liked to think my truck was one of the better vehicles in the parking lot period, most of the other kids had mommy and daddys old car or truck, or the kid bought it with a bazillion miles, slapped a bunch of monster stickers on it and beat the hell out of it.

But yeah, we had the 'son of a doctor' kid, he drove a BMW z3 or some ****, then the kid whos dad owns a business and he works with him, he had a 2003 Eclipse v6 convertible 5 speed, until a van of mexicans drunk crashed in to him, so he just got another identical car.

I got made fun of for not beating the hell out of my truck every weekend with beer, but all those kids have MIP's and no more truck :D

kevinRGV

Reaction score
This man speaks words of wisdom here ^

My truck back when I was in highschool was just an all stock Chevy for the first few months I got it, by the end of HS my truck was debadged/molded, no pinstripe, new wheels, 2" Block lift, tonneau cover.

Basically what I have now, minus the colormatched grille, headlight covers, 3" Body lift.

I liked to think my truck was one of the better vehicles in the parking lot period, most of the other kids had mommy and daddys old car or truck, or the kid bought it with a bazillion miles, slapped a bunch of monster stickers on it and beat the hell out of it.

But yeah, we had the 'son of a doctor' kid, he drove a BMW z3 or some ****, then the kid whos dad owns a business and he works with him, he had a 2003 Eclipse v6 convertible 5 speed, until a van of mexicans drunk crashed in to him, so he just got another identical car.

I got made fun of for not beating the hell out of my truck every weekend with beer, but all those kids have MIP's and no more truck :D

i got mine in march, march 18,2011 to be exact and all i have done to it is debadge it, polish rims, and add the phantom grill, and a little system. im happy with what i have because i fell proud that i have done it all by myself and not with mommy and daddys money. the paint may be faded, it might be ugly, but i have plans for it and take it one at a time without mommy and daddy

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
i got mine in march, march 18,2011 to be exact and all i have done to it is debadge it, polish rims, and add the phantom grill, and a little system. im happy with what i have because i fell proud that i have done it all by myself and not with mommy and daddys money. the paint may be faded, it might be ugly, but i have plans for it and take it one at a time without mommy and daddy

This is the most important part of your statement IMO... The rest don't matter and what other think about your truck. I have some that hate my truck and some like. But I built it to my liking.

******* im happy with what i have because i fell proud that i have done it all by myself ******

kevinRGV

Reaction score
This is the most important part of your statement IMO... The rest don't matter and what other think about your truck. I have some that hate my truck and some like. But I built it to my liking.

******* im happy with what i have because i fell proud that i have done it all by myself ******

thanks man i appreciate it. and yea its true everybody has haters no matter what. your truck is badass bro i love it.

this is what i am shooting for for my senior year. right now i passed 10th now going to 11th grade. so i have this year and my senior year to make it like this. most ppl that have badass trucks are 20+ year old, and i wanna change that in my occasion because i have pride in me and i think i can handle it

what i have now

You must be registered for see images attach

what i want to accomplish for my senior year

You must be registered for see images attach

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I hope to paint the truck all black this fall? I want a clean stock looking paint job this time around. My 11 old son has been doing a lot of work on this truck. I tell my son if he want to drive my truck in school he has to work on it when we've it needs it. He just help me pull the motor and trany a coulpe of weeks ago.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my 93 my junior year and a flawless 97 deville my senior year, I got more action in my ratty obs than my Caddy...

kevinRGV

Reaction score
I have your truck's younger brother... Looking great so far...
i see you have the twin lol
I hope to paint the truck all black this fall? I want a clean stock looking paint job this time around. My 11 old son has been doing a lot of work on this truck. I tell my son if he want to drive my truck in school he has to work on it when we've it needs it. He just help me pull the motor and trany a coulpe of weeks ago.
thats pretty neat bro. you rtruck looks badass how it is right now.
I had my 93 my junior year and a flawless 97 deville my senior year, I got more action in my ratty obs than my Caddy...
yea here in school, everybody rather have a truck than a car. most girls in school that drive also have trucks because its like the main thing here. its pretty neat

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea here in school, everybody rather have a truck than a car. most girls in school that drive also have trucks because its like the main thing here. its pretty neat

yeah Im a natural born Texan and even though I didnt live there very long I would love to be there now... everything is so much nicer (without the Wisconsin winters and salt). and Im just a year and a half out of highschool. (graduated early) I worked in highschool so I always had money to throw into my money pit 93 obs and it is so nice to put your OWN money and your OWN time into making your car/truck. as apposed to mommy and daddy opening their wallets for you. major props man and good luck. really looking forward to watching the progress of your truck.

side note.... are those wheels polished, can I see a picture of them (Ive been throwing around the idea of polishing the faces of my winter (astro) wheels and painting the inserts black...