New exhaust idea, this might be the one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
how is running duals gonna hurt anything? I run duals on everything never saw any problem, never cut off single and went to duals either though.

Dual exhaust doesn't hurt at all but eliminating the mid pipe/exhaust cross over does drop power and economy. It will still run fine, just a little loss of engine efficiency. No point in spending money to lose efficiency.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I getcha, I never really changed any actually, everything we've owned that has duals was no crossover, but was already that way, we just had new put on due to old rusted off crap, same for single, had an s-10 and a camaro with single, just had new single put back on.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you are gonna run a dual out system, one pipe to each side of the truck, you have to do one of two things. Use a spare tire re-location kit, or eliminate the spare from under the truck to the box. Usually when the dual out system is used, the two pipes go over the axle side by side on the passenger side, then the one pipe crosses over to become the driver's side. Almost impossible for that pipe to cross over with the limited space that the spare tire in the stock location provides.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
40kmpg x 26gallon tank = 1040kms per tank.

Diesel baby yeah!!!

I can get almost 800 kilometers from a tank. That's from an extreme fill to empty. 786 is my best. V6/5spd./3.08 gear ratio. Empty truck, & a tonneau (if that makes a dif.) That's highway. The mileage gets killed in city driving.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Actually sewlow, they make pre-bent "kits" just for the vehicles with the spare tire there. Alot of the custom manufactured trucks also had duals out on either side of the spare, I agree hand-bending those pipes can be a bit tiring unless you have a pre-bent as a guide. The hardest setup is running pipe out each side in FRONT of the real wheels....you can only run the piping on the exterior of the frame rails.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I can get almost 800 kilometers from a tank. That's from an extreme fill to empty. 786 is my best. V6/5spd./3.08 gear ratio. Empty truck, & a tonneau (if that makes a dif.) That's highway. The mileage gets killed in city driving.

V8/4spd(auto)/3.73 gear ratio, highway ofcourse, city driving is like 29kmpg(18mpg) or so. mpg tune and towing tune........mpg tune gives 40kmpg(25mpg)hwy, 29kmpg(18mpg)city....towing tune gives 29.5kmpg(18.5mpg)hwy, and 14.5kmpg(9mpg)city. I only use towing tune without a load if I wanna blow soot onto traffic behind me :evillol:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Now you tell me! When I first lowered the '98, I went through the whole process of the tire relocator install. Found out about the prob. half way through the exhaust build. And the truck was my DD at the time.
It doesn't have a spare now. Staggered size directional tires makes carrying a single spare impossible. Each tire/wheel is corner specific. I'd have to carry a full set if I was worried about a flat!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
:lol: That's probably the most accurate description I've heard yet....if i switch to tow tune sitting in traffic it'll cough a sec and blow a cloud and if the wind isn't blowing, it'll surround me and choke ME to death :p