New centercaps + Painted grille emblem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm quite thrilled. Got a set of 4 centercaps, the smooth ones i wanted, for $20 for R&R Parts yard, and decided to paint my grille emblem.

PICS!
Color is mismatched but that will be changed soon with....MATTE BLACK STOCKERS!
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is my "professional" masking job :lol:

The finished product.

Reflection showing the gloss.

You can see some tiny imperfections on the emblem, but its the emblem itself, not the paint.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
did you sand the emblem down first? That probably would've taken care of that stuff, either way, looks good. Did you shoot any clear coat on it? That would also make it look better, just lightly wetsand with 2000 grit beforehand.

I'm actually looking at reviving my wheels, same ones as you have, going to strip the clear coat off and see how well they polish up.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember that was the cool thing back in the day when you had a set of polished stocker 4x4s on your mazda minitruck they shine pretty good.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
did you sand the emblem down first? That probably would've taken care of that stuff, either way, looks good. Did you shoot any clear coat on it? That would also make it look better, just lightly wetsand with 2000 grit beforehand.

I'm actually looking at reviving my wheels, same ones as you have, going to strip the clear coat off and see how well they polish up.

Yeah i sanded the emblem with very coarse sandpaper, cleaned it with alcohol, then hit it with flat black then two coats of gloss black.

Looks pretty good!
Thanks!

I remember that was the cool thing back in the day when you had a set of polished stocker 4x4s on your mazda minitruck they shine pretty good.

Mine will be matte black :)

Here is a pic with my new parking lights and the emblem on.