New GMT400 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome!

Long list of vehicles and big list of planned mods/work. Enjoy!

-J

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I have no idea if I did this right but here are the only pics I have right yet. It has been to dark and snowing to get better pics right yet.

It doesn't show the dent in the passenger side extended cab part hopefully I can get that out. The door on the driverside doesn't shut the latch is busted, the door on the passenger side closes but not all the way not sure yet what that is yet.
The stupid rack is coming off my brother wants it (probably so it can sit in the yard like most of the stuff on trucks I give him).

The list may be long but I am confident once it is done it will look sweet.

EDIT: pics are small as I had to make them small enough to be able to upload.

Reaction score
ok so I got my first few questions:
my brother says that I have a power sliding rear window and I went and looked today and I can't get it open by hand (maybe missing something) so do I have a power sliding rear?

Under the headlight switch is a switch that goes one way what is that switch? I am guessing an interior dome light switch but not sure.

How do I find out my gear ratio and weather I have LS or not?

What year are the seats in my truck out of? I can't remember if I have seen them in 04 chevys or not.

I will leave the engine questions to the engine section when I am ready to start getting ideas and info.
Thanks

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
In your glove box is a sticker like this,
You must be registered for see images

That gives you your drive train info, if it's there and original.

I can't help you on the window. Does it have a latch? In the middle?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Rpo codes will tell you alot

sent from my glade air freshner
RPO codes are what??? I am new to chevy abbreviataions. I know some since they are the same as ford but not all.
In your glove box is a sticker like this,
You must be registered for see images

That gives you your drive train info, if it's there and original.

I can't help you on the window. Does it have a latch? In the middle?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I remember seeing this in the glove box but what do all the numbers mean to me it looks like chevy said here is a bunch of letters and numbers now have fun. The truck is fairly original my co-workers dad bought it from the original owner and used it as a work truck till he past away and gave it to him along with his 4runner so interior wasn't changed much. I am use to ford which on the cab has a sticker that says axle code and you decifer that which I know most of those.

No latch anywhere on the window. That was the first thing I looked for since I have a slidin' rear in my ford.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Lol, they kind of did, those are the RPO codes BTW. Some people call it the SPID sticker FWIW.

The codes that start with G are for your axle ratio, and diff. See where mine say's GT4 and G80? I have 3:73 gears and a Posi/locker unit. Typing anyone one of those codes into Google will bring up more info than you can handle lol.

Reaction score
I found a site that explained what each code is for it so tomorrow if I am not to tired after work I will walk down to the truck and take a picture and look at what the codes are hoping for 3.73-4.10s with posi. Anythin but an electronic locking diff is fine by me. IMHO those are unsafe and one day I will take it out of mom's envoy and dad's 10 F150.

I will figure out the things GM does hopefully that way when/if my brother buys my neighbors 98 Chevy 2500 4x4 we will know what we are looking at.