NEW! Big 3 Wiring Upgrade Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
nice. i dont need. but while you at it why not include a dual battery setup as well ;) its just wires.
only thing i would suggest and this is just IMO. i would offer the charge power wires in black or atleast stock dull black wire loom to cover all the power wires. and again its just IMO but i dont like the colored cables ran thru engine bay. i think the stock look is just cleaner. i tried the nice clear 1/0 wire on my truck and after about a year or so the wire color turned and looks yelloish/brown and i have to cover it all. :(

i know first hand that building the big3 kit yourself can be a PITA. cutting wire to length and crimping or soldering wires, and then sometimes needing to drill out the ring terminals even more to fit bolts and battery terminals really sucks! been there done that and still hate doing it.LOL and if anybody wants to cheap out and get smaller kit just think... WHY NOT 10-20bucks more for the larger overkill wire... GO FOR IT and never have to upgrade it ;) hell i dont think you should even offer a smaller kit.LOL
tho i would add one more wire. a ground wire to go from the frame to cab. it helped out with my system and i think its overlooked most of the time. but not sure where you could do a factory hole location. i just used a new bolt hole under the rear carpet i drilled and ground paint off with some large washers and then painted over afterwards.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for all the kind words guys, if you have any questions just let me know!

:cheers:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Awesome kit Baron! Any pictures yet?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Are you making these for the different configurations? Off the top of my head I know the earlier trucks had the alternator on the driver's side, and later was passenger. And what about dual battery trucks - there are a few options there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.