Need some opinions, tell me what you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well seeing as how my radiator took most of the damage when my truck was wrecked, I'm going to need a new one. Now I've been looking into doing an electric fan swap since I got my truck and I was wondering if anyone else has used one of these kits, or had any insight on the kit and aluminum radiator itself. Oh yeah by the way my frame, and engine we unharmed in the accident(http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?2568-FML...-Tahoe-was-wrecked/page2) thank god!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Let me know what you guys think

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like an alright setup but the core is only like a 2 or 3 core from the looks of it, although it should cool being a stock setup and being alum. it gets rid of the heat faster. Still kind of expensive. You can get the summit alum. rads for like $180 and then buy some electric fans maybe a hundred each and get off cheaper. is there anything else comes with it other then the fans and rad?

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I think just the rad, fans and wiring, and a lifetime warranty on the rad and fans which is what really sold me.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it won't cool very well with no fan shroud, those dinky little fans won't cool as well as the stock clutch fan even.

1800radiator has nice replacement radiators for under $200, and you can get a great fan out of a ford taurus or lincoln mark viii out of a junkyard for under $40, add a $40 hayden or derale fan controller and you'd have an excellent start to great cooling system.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about that one the way I see it with 2 fans that's alot of area covered, and alot of cfm, I'm sure it could benefit from a shroud, which you could make or buy. I just think the price is high.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
without a shroud you can have a 20k cfm fan but if it only covers 25% of the area of the radiator, you're only getting 25% effective cooling of the core.

at a minimum on that kit you would need to build a shround to funnel air into the fans.

a mark8/ford taurus fan fits in the stock shroud and is WAY more effective.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach