Need a little help about my 305 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmc2fst4u

Reaction score
by starting off wanna say hi guys and gals, i am new and i cant type hardly nor punctuation right so im sorry about that lol but any ways my 1990 gmc sierra 1500 2 wd was originally a 350...it has the 3.42 gear ratio out back 700r4 annnnd now has a low mileage 305 tbi...well was looking for a mild cam but came to a hault after seeing that my engine vin is "E" after some research i noticed that some carmos had this similar engines and some roadsters buicks and a few caprices....but what threw me off was that the truck 305 tbi factory had the solid lifters for towing ect reason and the cars had roller set up from factory...with that said has any one came across this issue before? i just wanted to make sure its a true roller before i purchase any cams and such i mean yes i know its a 305 not alotta umph but hell the 350 tbi in the same years only made 25 more hp about it soooo why not build it up a little...but just seeing if any one knows about this or deal cause im not much of a gm guy first gm ever and so far she been great to me

Last edited: