Nate's 88 project corner carver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just picked up my current project. Nice thing about it, it is a running driving air conditioner working truck. All the gauges work except the speedometer. Current plan is to swap a stepside bed, completely replace the interior with new and leather, then paint, then suspension, then engine/trans. Link to whole album http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/nate3531/slideshow/

Here are a few pics for those that don't want to look at a bunch of pics of a beat up old truck.

You must be registered for see images attach
"]
[/URL]

"]
[/URL]

"]
[/URL]

"]
[/URL]

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Hey Al, (Sewlew) do you see that bench seat?!

Looks like a nice solid truck, going to need a few hours of work though! Cant wait to see the end result :)

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I can't find a single rust spot on it. Not more than surface rust and not much of that. Believe it or not I don't want that seat. It will be for sale soon ;)

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the rallies with the current paint scheme. What are your plans for the suspension, project corner carver has to have something beyond the norm.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the rallies with the current paint scheme. What are your plans for the suspension, project corner carver has to have something beyond the norm.

Going to research suspension systems but first thing comes to mind (I probably can't afford) would be adjustable coilover fronts, new shocks, 3/5 or 4/6, beefier sway bars front and rear, not sure on the rear yet, maybe air ride setup for performance not laying frame. Really just a concept atm, I have lots of research to do before spending money on that part. I like the 275/60R15s that are on it and the ralleys on it now. I will probably end up going with a lightweight 17 or 18 though for better performance.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey Al, (Sewlew) do you see that bench seat?!

Looks like a nice solid truck, going to need a few hours of work though! Cant wait to see the end result :)

Welcome!
Yea, I'd like the seat, but just the foam & the frame. No cover.
I haven't seen one locally for more than a couple of years.
Shipping could be killer, though.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sooner or later I will get my write up written up with part numbers for my coilovers. I know you will want to see what I did and I know Eric does

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your looking for inspiration for corner carving, there a couple build threads on here. I know Eric s.t is doing kinda what you want, mine is like that also, and I think sewlow has his truck set up for carving. But I don't think he has a build thread