My new whip!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Im a little late seeing this post but nice truck. And rep for the door dinger procedure!!

manroger4

Reaction score
Nice car.Each vehicle has its own strengths.It was great to see firsthand.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Wow! Here I was expecting a whip and we got this truck! Awesome find for sure, definitely a keeper. I didn't even know they had K1500s as a Classic in 1999 with the GMT400 body.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im a little late seeing this post but nice truck. And rep for the door dinger procedure!!

thank you, I parked my 98 next to this one and looked under the dash and found what was different between the two. The 98 has never had the door dinger since I bought it...

Great truck. Howd did you do your wheels?

ZEP paint and Decal remover. I seen a thread/post about using paint remover to clean the wheels and we use this ZEP stuff at work, so decided to try it. The thread I followed said leave it on for ten-fifteen minutes, but this says industrail strength and it means it, I left it for that long and it really only needs like two minutes to do what it did to mine. After leaving it set for that long I couldn't get it off, and I was using a Hy-Flo washer with heat (300degrees,) had to use more cleaner to finish cleaning the residue it left off. It will destroy the inside clear coating, on the inner spokes, so if you don't want that I would reccommend using a towel and wiping this stuff on the parts you want it to clean. It doesn't last long, I used mothers on one wheel didn't see any improvements (on the shininess?spelling?,) and that one wheel still faded to a dull shine as fast as the others.