My new to me 1991 Chevy K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well guys i finally had the chance today to snap a couple pics of the OBS. I think I'm gonna call her black betty...anyways here's a couple pics of the ole girl.

You must be registered for see images attach

and then in this last pic is this the normal operating temp for a warmed up 305?

As you can see she's not perfect but with a little TLC i think the ole girl will last me a long time.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey man welcome. nice looking truck. its in a hell alot better shape then my truck lol which is why i have few pics from the side lol

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hahaha i hear ya there. It def needs some work though. The previous owner thought it would be a good idea to fill the rusted out rockers and cab corners with expanding foam :nono::nono::nono:

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright cool i thought I read somewhere that these engines were supposed to run around 195 but looking at that gauge it looks like 165-175.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is it with people filling in the cab corners with expandable foam, I saw a truck when I was shopping for one and heard about this a lot. She looks like a great project, if it wasnt for the dog.......and the power that be (the better half), Id have loved a regular cab Long box........

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk what makes people think that this is a good idea. It looks like it's gonna be a ***** to remove the foam and do it right but eventually that's what I'll do. Right now I'm gonna square up the mechanicals first. Then engine feels a little doggy to me although I've never really driven a 305 v8. Just feels like when I get on the pedal it really doesn't have the get up and go a v8 should. My jeep cherokee with the inline 4.0 seems to have more balls than this thing.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, I just sold my XJ with the 4L to buy a truck too....weird. With the 32" mud tires, lift kit, armor, bumpers, winch......the Cherokee was a dog, the 350 in my Z71 feels like a rocket booster LOL. Yeah, foam cab corners...WOOO, go team.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the 305 in my chevy along with the 3.42 gears so that may be why mine feels doggy my XJ had 3.55 gears and obviously weighed less. I don't know though it just feels like I should have more power.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice find man. Not bad for an upstate NY truck.