My needs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
lots of them, diesels, heavy halfs, 2500s big block trucks etc etc. i got one in mine that i bought. theres different ones for vortec and tbi trucks.

Diesels, yes. No such thing as a GMT400 "heavy half." 2500's did not automatically get dual batteries, nor did trucks with big blocks. The second battery tray is actually kinda rare outside of a diesel.

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Diesels, yes. No such thing as a GMT400 "heavy half." 2500's did not automatically get dual batteries, nor did trucks with big blocks. The second battery tray is actually kinda rare outside of a diesel.

Richard

Most consider the f44 a heavy half

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They can call a suspension and rear axle upgrade all they want, doesn't make it a factual statement :gr_grin: and it also doesn't mean it comes with a driver's side battery tray.

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most consider the f44 a heavy half

This, it's what the code was on 73-87 as well. Also if you didn't get the storage box in 96+ you got a second battery tray on the driver side.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have 2 of those storage boxes to trade to

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I saw one in the pick N pull last weekend out of a bigblock suburban, I ALMOST grabbed it....

And I have seen 96+ trucks without the tray or box. Most seem to have the tray without a battery as part of the structure for the waster tank though.

I do know of another storage box for sale as well. I swapped to a 96+ inner fender, added the washer tank and storage box. I also have the plastic battery tray If i ever decide to go to a second battery.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
They can call a suspension and rear axle upgrade all they want, doesn't make it a factual statement :gr_grin: and it also doesn't mean it comes with a driver's side battery tray.

Richard

I was just explaining to you what he ment and i know that because my truck is an f44 and i obviously dont have the drivers side tray

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hit the boneyard yourself and look for a diesel, should be plenty of dead 6.5's ripe for the picking. :gr_grin: Unless they all got cash-for-clunker'ed out of existence in your area, years ago.

Richard