My LS swap in 2 dr 2 wd tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the cable will work, its the bracket that holds the cable from the LS motor that I need.
Ill just have to go to a used auto parts yard and grab one along with the bolts

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eBay $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a list and checked it twice. Ha
Got everything that was missing from the list on Friday. Stopped by a local used auto junk yard and received my pig tails on Saturday. Really looking forward to this Friday

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now the list attached is what i had to buy on top of cam, AC bracket, wideband and headers. That in it self is $890. So This swap could have been done for about $1100. Maybe less if I would have bought a complete motor with all accessories and harness.
But i just had to have that. I still have to take it a muffler shop to get my exhaust run. I bought a Magnaflow knock off with 3" in and 2-2.5" out. for $45 shipped

$250 Enigne (4.8 with 80k miles)
$30 Coil packs
$0 Water pump (had on my old 6.0)
$0 Alternator (used stock one and modified bracket)
$0 Powersteering (Package deal with the bracket)
$40 Alt/powersteering bracket
$250 Lextech AC bracket
$50 Swap motor mounts
$120 Swap flex plate and spacer (have had it for almost 6 years)
$10 MAF
$0 Intake (old TBSS intake that came with the TBSS when I bought it)
$200 Cam
$0 Valve springs (package deal with cam)
$9 Coolant sensor
$15 Spark plugs
$65 Spark plug wires
$20 Fuel fittings and hoses
$150 Lextech Swap PCM
$50 Spare harnes for wires for Lextech swap PCM
$280 Shoenfled Headers
$160 Pacesetter Y pipe (from amazon but may not fit because its for a 2007 and up)
$20 3" Lap Joint exhaust band clamps
$32 Stock exhaust gaskets
$15 Knock sesnsor harness
$0 Belt Tensioner (use the one on the truck and swap out ribbed pulley to smooth plley in the kit)
$20 Upper rad hose
$5 Throttle cable bracket
$0 Fly wheel bolts (got with above bracket)
$15 Injector Pig tails
$160 Wide Band sensor
$45 Muffler

Total $2,011

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah mine did too but i preffer the stock gaskets. I have always used them on headers from my TBSS to my most recent truck with no leaks ever. For $30 keeps me from ever having to replace them if the other ever fail.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Pacesetter Y with shoenfeld headers I would say was a gamble, but if you have a welder you'll make it work. If not, an exhaust shop will.

If you need any OE parts, I have several extras kicking around here. I also have a leadpipe that goes behind the Y pipe, got a 2x4 version with my flowmaster catback.