6.0 ls swapped 95c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guessing there's a wheel thread in here somewhere with tons of photos, but here's my truck with 275/55R17's on 17"x9" Cragar Soft 8's with 5" backspacing I'm almost positive they were p/n 3978950.
This was lowered 2/4 with coils in the front, shackles and hangers in the rear. Fitment was pretty much perfect once I rolled the front fenders.
You must be registered for see images attach
How tight to the frame are you in the rear? A 9 inch wide wheel is plenty wide for anything I'd need, but I do like the look of tires with just a little stretch, so I kind of want a 10 inch wide wheel, but with an extra inch backspace to keep the wheel tucked in. I honestly think getting wheels will be my biggest hurdle. The truck is red with chrome American racing rims. Finding the size is the easy part. So I guess I get to spend countless hours looking at wheels. The 5x5 bolt pattern might be limiting too.

Shwa Kid

Reaction score
How tight to the frame are you in the rear? A 9 inch wide wheel is plenty wide for anything I'd need, but I do like the look of tires with just a little stretch, so I kind of want a 10 inch wide wheel, but with an extra inch backspace to keep the wheel tucked in. I honestly think getting wheels will be my biggest hurdle. The truck is red with chrome American racing rims. Finding the size is the easy part. So I guess I get to spend countless hours looking at wheels. The 5x5 bolt pattern might be limiting too.
I'm sorry I don't recall and don't have those wheels anymore. There was plenty of clearance with my setup though. On the inside it's going to be your leaf springs you need to watch for clearance, should be pretty easy to measure with a straight edge and a tape measure.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't recall and don't have those wheels anymore. There was plenty of clearance with my setup though. On the inside it's going to be your leaf springs you need to watch for clearance, should be pretty easy to measure with a straight edge and a tape measure.
Thanks. I couldn't find a wheel picture thread here, but I didn't use the search, and I'm sure there's one somewhere, I just need to hop on Google, which I'll do now. And I'm sure the question "how wide a wheel can fit" is just as common as "how big a tire can fit without rubbing" or "will 33's rub". I'm sure plenty of people have measured the clearances, so I just need to look, since I can't just measure right now.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I've got 20 feet -8 PTFE that I got for my fuel supply, with PTFE an fittings. I recently learned about ORB fittings. From what I read, ORB is supposed to seal better, but you have to deal with o ring material and fluid compatibility, but I think viton seals should be able to deal with any fuel or fluid. I was going to get some -6 PTFE for return fuel, and for trans and engine oil cooler lines. Would -6 be too large? Should I use orb or will an be fine? Should I use orb certain places, and an other places? I feel like the oil and transmission lines would be good candidates, but I'll probably have to use adapters, and I feel like the extra connections will be extra failure/leak points

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ORB is a replacement for NPT. Your lines will still need AN fittings. My Holley fuel rail was supplied with ORB to AN adapter, but if you are using a stock LS fuel rail you will need an AN to quick disconnect fitting. -6 is fine for return, I don't know on the other stuff, but it you can look up the hose ID and compare to stock.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ORB is a replacement for NPT. Your lines will still need AN fittings. My Holley fuel rail was supplied with ORB to AN adapter, but if you are using a stock LS fuel rail you will need an AN to quick disconnect fitting. -6 is fine for return, I don't know on the other stuff, but it you can look up the hose ID and compare to stock.
Right, but since I'm basically replumbing the whole truck, I can pick whichever fittings suit best. ORB will probably be easiest for the oil lines, as I believe the factory fittings are npt, and with either the 37 degree an fitting, or ORB for fuel, I need adapters from the quick connect at the pump and rail end, so I'm free to choose whichever I want.

Looking into it, later model 4l80's used 3/8 cooler lines, which is larger than -6's 5/16, but plenty of people used -6 an.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ORB and NPT are different threads, it won't work.
Right, tapered vs straight, let alone probably a size difference.

It would be pretty easy to get 1/4 nps male to -6 hose.

I guess, when it comes down to it, I don't want to have to dig into anything in doing now for about 10 years. I don't want to have to deal with leaking connections, put a bigger turbo on and need more fuel, etc.

I know the factory oil cooler adapters, at least on the 350's are prone to leaking. Should I use a sealant on any pipe thread lines, like the oil cooler lines? Would a jb welded 1/4 nps to female -6 orb and have orb connections on the hose be better? 37 degree an?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, tapered vs straight, let alone probably a size difference.

It would be pretty easy to get 1/4 nps male to -6 hose.

ICT Billet has a variety of those things as well other handy LS swap doodads.

I guess, when it comes down to it, I don't want to have to dig into anything in doing now for about 10 years. I don't want to have to deal with leaking connections, put a bigger turbo on and need more fuel, etc.

Everyone says that, but it never happens. :)

I know the factory oil cooler adapters, at least on the 350's are prone to leaking. Should I use a sealant on any pipe thread lines, like the oil cooler lines? Would a jb welded 1/4 nps to female -6 orb and have orb connections on the hose be better? 37 degree an?

I use sealant on NPT, pretty sure it's always required. Do not use sealant on male AN to female AN.

There's no such thing as an ORB hose connection, I've never seen one anyway.

If you've never made an AN PTFE connection, let me tell you it's no fun at all. The push on AN connections and hose will make your life easier and be fine for an oil cooler. (Heck a hose barb and a clamp would probably be fine too.)

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ICT Billet has a variety of those things as well other handy LS swap doodads.

Everyone says that, but it never happens. :)

I use sealant on NPT, pretty sure it's always required. Do not use sealant on male AN to female AN.

There's no such thing as an ORB hose connection, I've never seen one anyway.

If you've never made an AN PTFE connection, let me tell you it's no fun at all. The push on AN connections and hose will make your life easier and be fine for an oil cooler. (Heck a hose barb and a clamp would probably be fine too.)
Yeah, ict and other places have all the swap and other goodies I need. The problem isn't really locating what to get, it's picking a route.

They have ORB ends that will go on my PTFE hose.

I've made a few of the PTFE an connections, but nothing that's been leak tested. Getting the ferrule started straight and seated is tougher than I'm sure cpe rubber would.