My LS swap in 2 dr 2 wd tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at the end of this month to do my swap
My truck has 248,000 miles on it and still runs good, I believe the motor was rebuilt though. This truck is basically a new truck. Every part of the suspension is new, everything other than the steering box on the steering linkage is new. Rear suspension is new. Brakes front and back. Wheels and tires are less than 6 months old. Leather seat covers are new and look to be original GM covers. They fit perfect and you could not tell they are not the original covers. New carpet.

So far I have done the 0411 PCM swap and running my 5.7 vortec at the moment

Been gathering parts for the past couple months and looks like I have the majority of them at this time.

80k mile 4.8L out of a 2006 Silverado
Already running 0411 PCM
2002 Harness (to get extra wires for the new motor)
Shoenfeld headers
Swap motor mounts
Fuel fittings and hose (will not be cuting anything, everything has an adaptor to -6 fittings)
Lextech AC bracket with alternator relocation
Swap flexplate and spacer
You must be registered for see images attach

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently looking for a cam. Baby cam for torque.
If I dont find it before the swap then ill install with out. Not paying $400 for a cam when the whole motor cost me $250
Will have a turbo maybe 2 when i get my daily driver next year

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your going to turbo charger it. You can run a ls6 cam I believe. Mild cam for a smooth idle but has a 116 las which is very good for a turbo motor. You can pick them up a lot cheaper then a custom grind or off the shelf cam.

Glad to see your swapping a 4.8 instead of the usual 6.0 like everyone does

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
4.8 is a great engine. I would definitely look into running a large turbo on it. These engines love boost!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You'll need more than just the cam if you're going bigger than stock. Pushrods and valve springs are mandatory.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your going to turbo charger it. You can run a ls6 cam I believe. Mild cam for a smooth idle but has a 116 las which is very good for a turbo motor. You can pick them up a lot cheaper then a custom grind or off the shelf cam.

Glad to see your swapping a 4.8 instead of the usual 6.0 like everyone does

You can't beat the price of these 4.8/5.3's, if it breaks go get another for $250 all day every day.
Original plan was for a 6.2 but at $3500 it was not what i wanted.
Paid $250 for this one

4.8 is a great engine. I would definitely look into running a large turbo on it. These engines love boost!

I know it will be turbo, but looking at compound turbos. When that happens i will call comp cams and get a custom grind for it. This will be a driver and i hope to take to Hotrod powertour one day.

You'll need more than just the cam if you're going bigger than stock. Pushrods and valve springs are mandatory.

Taken care of bud
Just found a cam and springs this morning and will pick up this afternoon, just looking for push rods now.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In for progress on this :)

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Taken care of bud
Just found a cam and springs this morning and will pick up this afternoon, just looking for push rods now.

You really want to measure for the rods after its all assembled.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going with this cam XR269HR
216/220 .525/.532 114LSA

Last edited: