My Blacked-Out 89 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis

Reaction score
Greetings,

I just joined the site after a buddy of mine told me about these forums designed for specific vehicles. I had no idea there would be one for 88-98. I am excited about the vast array of knowledge contained herein. There is still a lot I want to do to this 'ol girl but as an active duty Marine, my finances and time are slightly limited. Anyway, about the truck. It has an almost completely blacked-out exterior, besides some chrome on the 22" rims and the tail lights. The only reason the tail lights aren't blacked out is because the military police will pull you over if they are blacked out and make you revert them to stock :flipthebird:. The exterior is pretty much completely done. I just installed a relay for the new 8000k HID headlights. The interior has been almost completely redone, with the exception of the carpet, which I am considering doing very soon. I'm leaning toward royal blue carpet and seat belts.

The engine and tranny have less than 5k miles on them. This is where the majority of the money was dumped. She pushes 382hp and 396ft/lb of torque. The block is a 5.7l out of a 2000 Tahoe. Details:
SBC 350 bored .30 over to a 355, SRP Pistons, Pink Rods with Arp Bots, AFR heads 195, Comp 1.6 Roller, Comp Roller Cam xp282hr, Demon 850 Carb, Victer Jr. Intake, 10.1 Comp 230-236 @ .050 lift, 510 intake, 520 exhuast, 110 LSA, 3200 stall 4.11 Gears, 1 3/4 headers, mad dog level 4 Trans. For the record, I do have an Edelbrock pro-flo 14" air filter, I was just tuning when I took the pic ;)

Anyway, let me know what you think! I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about this fun hobby and hope to be a member for some time come!
Take care!
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome. FYI, this forum is for 88-98 chevy trucks.

Travis

Reaction score
^I was confused at first, but I see I had a typo! Thanks!