My 99 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevensb

Reaction score
Well, won't start on it for a week or two but I'll go ahead and make a thread. Everyone's doin it! I need to take better pics so I'll post them tomorrow. Eventually it's gonna be my DD but for now I need it as a rig truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

1999 CCSB K2500, 92k, Power, WHITE!

What do you guys think I should do? I have a list in my head but I hate making decisions like this. My 07 killed me.

So far I've got as far as LED guage cluster and domes (purple), tow mirrors, and Ranchhand grille guard and rear bumper (too lazy to put on atm...)

A few of my thoughts:
PY0
Motor swap (undecided, diesel or 350?)
Trans swap (6 speed man.)
Buckets
Pocket Style flares
Rear Bags
NNBS Cab Lights???? Not a fan of CL's but I want to see what NNBS lights would look like on a 400
Clear Head/Park lights and Sidemarkers

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
diesel, nv4500, and if you don't like cab lights don't put them on. I'd think you'd regret it.

stevensb

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't care for them at all. But I wonder what they'd look like. I'm not gonna bother with a nv4500. It'd be an easy swap but I LOVE a 6 speed, Idk why but I just like the way they shift i guess hahaha, I'm not going to put anything but a 6 in it.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The newer HDs (and the 400 3500HD) look body lifted but it's the frame that's different. But that's not what this is. Judging by the passenger tow hook and gap between the nerf bar and cab, I'd guess that it is a body lift.

Not sure why you don't like cab lights, but if you don't like the 400 cab lights I'd wager the 800 cab lights would look even worse. (My father bought 400 cab lights for me to put on his 800)

PY0s would look much better than the wheels that are on there. 12 valve/6 speed is always an awesome swap.

As for the rest of the exterior, I think a dark charcoal metallic with color matched factory flares would look good. I've never been a fan of the black flares, nor clear corners. I prefer the black housing lights with either factory corners or black housing corners.

stevensb

Reaction score
Well I was thinking of 900 cab lights, I've yet to see them on a 400, or even an 800. 12 valve 6 speed is probably the choice. But time will tell, hell I might walk up on a wrecked dmax for nothing and just drop the body on the dmax frame. The wheels on there now are just awful. PY0's are just slick.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
900 cab lights might look a tad better than the 800s on a 400 as they're not as round, but the 400s would still look better IMO. They match the body lines and the single bar across the middle doesn't look right on older trucks.

Can't beat a Duramax! I'd love to put one in my Burb but will more likely settle on the much cheaper, easier to find, and easier to swap 6.5. And the 400 center caps look even better on PY0s than the originals.

stevensb

Reaction score
So I've been thinking of what I want to do motor wise and I just can't make up my mind. Idk if I should just fix the main seals and put a nice cam and roller valvetrain in the 454 with a little head porting or put a 12 valve or a 383 stroker or a 6.0 or an 8.1 or what!!!! I just can't make up my mind. I don't want a race motor, I need something that can reliably handle having about 2500 lbs in the bed every day plus pull a camper every now and then, but I want the best MPG I can get but I also want something cool and different! I'm just a weird person, I know the 12 valve would make the most sense because I could not only do the swap cheap, but pump work one and make tons of power on 20mpg, but then I was maybe thinking of putting a single turbo on the 454 after I get it fixed up or maybe a turboed 6.0? Give me some input guys, my original intention was 12 valve/nv5600 but I could always do single turbo 454/zf6!? Would boost help the 454 mileage wise? I'm sure the 6 speed would and I could always raise the gears to 3.42

stevensb

Reaction score
Okay so here's the line-up I've settled on so far.

Smoothie Diesel Bumper - PTM
PTM Door Handles
PTM my tow mirrors
GMT900 Side Molding (maybe)
GMC Grille
Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares - PTM
PY0s
Rear Ranchhand Bumper - PTM
Gonna rebuild 454, add a rear mounted turbo, work heads, roller everything, e-fans,
ZF6
GMT900 Rear Cab Mounts
and then of course I'll do LED tails and tbl and some better head/park lights

Then maybe once I buy a new rig truck, I'll re-paint the whole thing