My 97 C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mutanay

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to show you guys my build, bought this last year. It is a 97 2500 5.7 350 sitting on 35's. I put a 4.5" Fabtech lift on it and a 2 inch spacer so i believe it is riding on a 6.5" lift. I put on 325/65r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers and Gear alloy wheels. Now here is the kicker on whether you will like my truck or not, i put straight pipes on it. And to me i love it, but to others it sounds like a tractor. I still have my Flowmaster 40 muffler in the garage, but tell me what you guys think i should do. Anyway here she is.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also has a rebuilt 350 and a brand new transmission... The transmission is a story for another thread. (yes i did something stupid so tune in later.)

mutanay

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck!
That has to be one of the best looking colors on these trucks
Thanks man!

Is your exhaust true duals? And with cats or nah?
Its true dual straight piped. I had true dual flowmaster 40s on it and i loved the tone but it wasnt as loud as i wanted it to be. I do admit straight pipe as a funny tone at high RPMs but i love the volume it produces and it sounds mean when it is low to med RPMs. The cats are still in, unfortunately i live in Kommiefornia haha.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Good looking rig man, i always wanted to give those 4.5" fabtechs a shot, actually had a set a while back, but sold them to another member, then sold the truck. (below)

Your truck kinda makes me miss it...

mutanay

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking rig man, i always wanted to give those 4.5" fabtechs a shot, actually had a set a while back, but sold them to another member, then sold the truck. (below)

Your truck kinda makes me miss it...

Thanks man! Yeah Fabtech makes a great suspension lift and also you had a beautiful rig too.

How loud is it at 60mph and 70? Any drone there?
It is pretty loud, but not as loud as accelerating. Once you are freeway speeds you can talk to people in the cab without issues.