My 95 to 99 (OBS) dash swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
95 Dashed have 1 unit where the cig lighter and ash trash are, 95-96 has no passanger air bag.

97-00 (OBS) trucks are the same dash. With minor differences in switches between SUV's and Trucks. Also minor differences because of np243 and np241 transfer cases. Also Escalades have white needles and speedo goes up to 120.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need to hide my dash the aurge to put it n is growing knowing i don't have the time. i know it will take me 10 hrs to swap them i got a lot of sound system
wires to move and the weather and my freind has a 96 yukon and theres a pass air bag and my dash came out of a 96 tahoe in the jnk yrd.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well!!!! i did the dash swap tuesday & wednesday the weather was nice. it was a long 2 days but i'm pleased with it

HOE4LYFE357

Reaction score
Okay, the dash in my 1995 really took a turn for the worst after this past summer, especially after I put my fist into it once. :nono: A few weeks ago, I finally found a decent tan dash out of a 1999 Suburban. Scored it for a nice $50 too!

The donor dash. If anyone is interested, I have parts of the wiring harness and a few plastic pieces that I will sell.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stripped out :eek:

Old busted ass dash, notice that it was held together with plumbing strap in it's final days.

Almost there!

Finished!

Passenger side

Not a terribly difficult job, but it is time consuming and will test your patience.

Yes, there are two shades of tan, the 1995 tan dashes were slightly darker.

BTW, if anyone has a tan airbag delete pocket, PLEASE let me know!
Was it a direct fit? Did you have to modify anything?

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice job looks real good. I managed to find the padded front piece and the flat dash filler piece that went behind the front one for my 88 in the correct color even. My padded piece had sun rot and the rear piece was shattered. But not has involved as your project. Way to go!

biggiecamp

Reaction score
My son actually thinks he wants to go the other direction by swapping busted 99 Burb dash for a 96 dash without the passenger airbag. Gonna replace the dash either way (eventually). It's his truck, but I'm on the fence of whether or not to disable passenger airbag and put 96 style in or another 97-00.