My 95 to 99 (OBS) dash swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Okay, the dash in my 1995 really took a turn for the worst after this past summer, especially after I put my fist into it once. :nono: A few weeks ago, I finally found a decent tan dash out of a 1999 Suburban. Scored it for a nice $50 too!

The donor dash. If anyone is interested, I have parts of the wiring harness and a few plastic pieces that I will sell.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stripped out :eek:

Old busted ass dash, notice that it was held together with plumbing strap in it's final days.

Almost there!

Finished!

Passenger side

Not a terribly difficult job, but it is time consuming and will test your patience.

Yes, there are two shades of tan, the 1995 tan dashes were slightly darker.

BTW, if anyone has a tan airbag delete pocket, PLEASE let me know!

Last edited:

itst9

Reaction score
Looks like a decent bit of work. I was thinking about doing this to my 95 just for the newer looking dash, I have the lunch tray/cup holder style dash on the passenger side. How did you locate all of the screws that hold the dash on? Are they pretty easy to find, I am just asking because i took my ac apart a while ago and it took more looking for screws than I expected.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What of the dash wiring do you have? The whole harness from the firewall in or no?

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i might swap mine out to . did you leave the pass air bag in? and if i do swap the dash i will loose my front pillard speaker pods.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been thinkin about doin this but I don't wanna loose my moonies. Wonder if I could just make a filler piece to put my moonies in one of these dashes?

Jeeves

Reaction score
Just a random thought but that's a very clean interior.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably a newbie question but i never really tried looking for the differences in the 95 to 99 dashes. what are the differences?

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 to 99 the dash has pass air bag so you loose the cup holders. I think this week i might go get a dash the jnk yrd had a couple of grey ones and the third
one the air bag was deployed. but i wont swap them right away.

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably a newbie question but i never really tried looking for the differences in the 95 to 99 dashes. what are the differences?

95 and 96 look like this. Flat above the glove box with a couple ****** cup holders there
You must be registered for see images

97-98(99 tahoes and some trucks) look like the ones in the first post of this thread where it stays tall above the glove box and has the air bag.