My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Haha yes you could, but I'd hate to do that regularly.

That and the fact that having an 8' bed makes hauling loose materials like sod or mulch much easier. Those 2 extra feet add up to quite a few less trips if you have a big job to do. After hauling with various short beds I'm very thankful for my long bed, after owning one you just never want to go back. I want a good looking truck, but at the end of the day I bought a pickup to do work.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
X3 I have hauled lots of scrap pieces in my long bed that would never fit into a short bed. Rather make 1 trip than multiple.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Haha yes you could, but I'd hate to do that regularly.

That and the fact that having an 8' bed makes hauling loose materials like sod or mulch much easier. Those 2 extra feet add up to quite a few less trips if you have a big job to do. After hauling with various short beds I'm very thankful for my long bed, after owning one you just never want to go back. I want a good looking truck, but at the end of the day I bought a pickup to do work.

Thats what trailers are for ive had 4 or 5 long beds and i like shortbeds better plus longbed frames are too weak for my liking

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thats what trailers are for ive had 4 or 5 long beds and i like shortbeds better plus longbed frames are too weak for my liking

Short or long; that's your preference. But there's no way I want to hook up a trailer for day to day work. The only time I hook up a trailer is for moving thousands of pounds at a time, not for hauling day to day building materials. Hooking up a trailer is a waste of my time and a pain in any sizable city. Longbeds are weaker?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Short or long; that's your preference. But there's no way I want to hook up a trailer for day to day work. The only time I hook up a trailer is for moving thousands of pounds at a time, not for hauling day to day building materials. Hooking up a trailer is a waste of my time and a pain in any sizable city. Longbeds are weaker?

It takes me 2 minutes to hook up a trailer and i dont haul stuff in the city so its no problem for me and yah quite a bit weaker imo

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I failed at installing a rear view mirror. Left it over night and went to put it on this after noon and it help. I was even able to adjust it to my liking. Then I was headed home and the sun visor hit it so I was readjusting it. And it popped off. Well da^^n. I am not destined to have a rear view mirror.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk